Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279694 times)

Offline -Norbert-

They have wings.

Is there a correlation between the winged ones and precogs? I didn't think there was.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Crystal: As I understand it, there is a minority among the Cryvan who have the ability to tell the future. What else can you tell us about them.

Also, have they ever been used to gain advantages in battle?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

oh i have a question and a plea for help to crystal and luna.    lets just say if i um . . . managed to git a date with a Cyrvan girl.  is there advice that you could give me?  such as any think like what would be a proper gift or any cultural taboos that i need to avoid?  or wether a date is a casual thing or a formal event.

also do Cyrvan girls like chocolate?

Offline -Norbert-

That question got me thinking of a few other things too... and those questions led me to yet other questions and so on and so forth
Do Cyrvans bond for live (i.e. marriage)?
How long is an average Cyrvan pregnancy?
How common are the birth' of twins?

Since Cyrvans live longer than Humans, does that also mean they grow up slower?
At what age is a Cyrvan considered an adult?

Do Cyrvans have an equivalent of adolesence and how does it affect their bodies (pimples, change of voice, ect.)?

At what age do Cyrvans go into retirement?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can I have some fanservice please? Of the Genetically enhanced variety?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Enzo03

Oh Dekker, I already feel sorry for you.  Nice knowing you, even if I never really did.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
You'll have to expand on that statement sil vouz plez.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline CaptJosh

That's "s'il vous plait", Dekker. Oddly enough, despite misspelling it, you used it correctly in context, as it literally translates to "if you please".

As for what he meant about feeling sorry for you, you'll find out.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
though knowing Dekker his original comment falls well within the bounds of S.O.P. for him :D and unless someone does something sadistic he wont regret it
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline CaptJosh

Don't be sure he'd regret it even if someone did something sadistic. He might LIKE that.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
To anyone, what do you think of a demolition derby event using captured Nedora fighters?...

"Awesome!"

Is there something like paintball, but in space and with fighters? I think that would be a good training method.
Imagine the pilots having to clean their ships themselfs afte such a training session. That would surely motive them to give their best :lol:.
"I wouldn't mind seeing something like that but pretty much every training is done in the simulator. It saves on the fleet's budget."

Infi was a very advanced AI. Are there similar things in CSA/LSF ships? They could be useful in a number of ways.
Of course, until it is subverted somehow and goes Event Horizon on the ship's crew.
"Not as far as I am aware off.
There is this one really advanced, almost sentient, AI that manages every detail of ship construction in the IO shipyards but that's about it. And I don't think the Cyrvans like the idea of an AI doing any task that a Cyrvan could be doing instead..."

That question got me thinking of a few other things too... and those questions led me to yet other questions and so on and so forth
Do Cyrvans bond for live (i.e. marriage)?
How long is an average Cyrvan pregnancy?
How common are the birth' of twins?

Since Cyrvans live longer than Humans, does that also mean they grow up slower?
At what age is a Cyrvan considered an adult?

Do Cyrvans have an equivalent of adolesence and how does it affect their bodies (pimples, change of voice, ect.)?

At what age do Cyrvans go into retirement?

"Yes.
Which is a reason why the majority of Cyrvans shy away from engaging in a relation with a Terran with their much shorter life spans.

Around fourteen months.

Very uncommon.

Yes we do.
At the age of thirty, but there are plenty that aren't completely done growing at this age.
No, our growth is a much more steady progress. We do not experience this random burst in growth at a certain age.

Commonly between the age of seven hundred to eight hundred."

Luna: Tell us about your family.
Have any interesting experiences growing up?
Have you ever had a boyfriend/Girlfriend and what kind of person do you like?

"My parents are professional gamblers living their life on the run from their debt collectors.
I spend most of my time growing up going from one job to the next, until I discovered that I had a good aptitude for flying and could make a decent living joining the JGASF.
And my lovers are as countless as the stars..."

Crystal: As I understand it, there is a minority among the Cryvan who have the ability to tell the future. What else can you tell us about them.
Also, have they ever been used to gain advantages in battle?

"This ability manifests differently for each person, some can look into the nearby future at will, others get vague premonitions in their dreams about events that may occure weeks from now. And the CSA has certainly used this to its advantage in several engagements. Thing is, the future is not set in stone. For example there was once a prediction of a terrible outcome for a fleet engagement. The admiral in charge of the fleet took note of this and changed his strategy. The next day the prediction changed completely, the engagement would not take place at all because the enemy had changed its own plans as well.
During the Cyrvan-Terran war almost all of the long term predictions were useless because the Terrans would often change plans on the fly and improvise as the situation changed."

Is there a correlation between the winged ones and precogs? I didn't think there was.
"Around 40% of the winged ones seem to have a special ability in some form or an other but you do not need to be a winged one to have the power of precognition."

oh i have a question and a plea for help to crystal and luna.    lets just say if i um . . . managed to git a date with a Cyrvan girl.  is there advice that you could give me?  such as any think like what would be a proper gift or any cultural taboos that i need to avoid?  or wether a date is a casual thing or a formal event.

"I like chocolate"

"Y-you'd have to be romantic I guess. And I think gifts are more of a Terran thing...
In any case, this is not really my area of expertise..."

I just like to add to her annoyance. Maybe if her ears weren't so mobile it wouldn't be a big deal, but its just hilarious to see them flap around on every emotional change  :drevil:

"I'll have you banned from CSA space, you enemy of all Cyrvan women."

"Sure.
You only have to buy the WoD Blu ray deluxe complete collectors boxset."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Is this an honorable discharge, like most militaries today, or a 'you survived this long, you don't deserve jack' discharge, like ancient Sparta's?

"Sure.
All of my money.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

*Luna*
"I like chocolate"
Any specific type? I myself have a soft spot for milk chocolate with truffle filling.

*Crystal*
"Y-you'd have to be romantic I guess. And I think gifts are more of a Terran thing...
In any case, this is not really my area of expertise..."
If looks could kill.
In any case, given the extreme difference in lifespan, perhaps it would be best not to dwell on any possiblities. I'd imagine having to deal with the fact that any Cyrvan with a human partner would lose them by the time 1/7th or 1/8th of their age has passed, would be rather tough.

I just like to add to her annoyance. Maybe if her ears weren't so mobile it wouldn't be a big deal, but its just hilarious to see them flap around on every emotional change  :drevil:
*Crystal*
"I'll have you banned from CSA space, you enemy of all Cyrvan women."
I find the expressive ears to be an attractive point, compared to, for example, expressive hair on Human-Zentradi hybrids, or even full Zentradi if they have the size-shifting abilities.

*Dawn*
"Sure.
Would asking for an estimated price, or what other features the set includes, be too much?

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
*Luna*
"I like chocolate"

Hell yes! What about cookies?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Dawn, U no I be fly. Come see me gurl ;)
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Quote from: Luna

"And my lovers are as countless as the stars..."
That's going to be...pretty tough competition.

Offline -Norbert-

Is this an honorable discharge, like most militaries today, or a 'you survived this long, you don't deserve jack' discharge, like ancient Sparta's?
I was actually asking in general, not specifically about the military. And I think Crystal had that in mind too.

well crystal thank you for the advice although it was a little late. but thankfully the fact that all girls love chocolate holds true.  one thing thow, the topic came up one a personal level and i never asked about Cyrvans overall views on polygamy?  is it common, uncommon, or taboo.    also is there anything you can tell me about Desa?  abot the couture and the lifestyle of the people there.  and if all cyrvan girls are lightweights that need to be carryed home in the evening.

and seeing someone use chopsticks for the first time is allays Hilarius

Quote from: luna
And my lovers are as countless as the stars...

if you don't mind me asking dose that mean you have had many "active" relationships.

also whats the cyrvan policy on same sex relations on a cardinal level, and are Cyrvans very open about there sexuality?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:53:57 pm by Hartzaden »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I'm not sure it was already confirmed somewhere, but can Terrans and Cyrvans reproduce together ? If yes, what are the average characteristics (lifespan, physical strength, intelligence, elf ears, possibility of precog and/or winged...) of half-Terran, half-Cyrvan children ? How are they considered by the Terran and the Cyrvan society and do they have a specific name ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras