Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279678 times)

Offline -Norbert-

It was mentioned that such Hybrids exist, but that so far non of them died of old age, thus their average livespan isn't known yet.
Has anyone ever tried to calculate an approximate livespan of such Hybrids, based on how fast they grow up?

Offline LoneFan

I'm not sure it was already confirmed somewhere, but can Terrans and Cyrvans reproduce together ? If yes, what are the average characteristics (lifespan, physical strength, intelligence, elf ears, possibility of precog and/or winged...) of half-Terran, half-Cyrvan children ? How are they considered by the Terran and the Cyrvan society and do they have a specific name ?
That's really interesting. I want to know too.

Offline LoneFan

To any Cryvan members. What is your opinion on human technology and what do you think its rate of advancement. 

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
To any Cryvan members. What is your opinion on human technology and what do you think its rate of advancement. 
"It's like having a Cyrvan ship on half power." - Lt. Crystal Is'va Dertanya, date D82-M3-Y145

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Having seen Cyrvan ships, I must agree. They have a lot more raw power (and most likely reactor output). Though they also do have their drawbacks.

Offline LoneFan

A question for the human crew members. Since humans in your era are taller then us in our era, what is the average height for men and for women.

Offline LoneFan

"It's like having a Cyrvan ship on half power." - Lt. Crystal Is'va Dertanya, date D82-M3-Y145
Its more a question about our rate of development and our ability to adapt. In short, what do the Cryvan think about our rate of technological development, particularly in comparison to their own.

hmmmm, which raises another question, in comparison, between Cryvan and humanity, which race has been out in space longer, and by how much longer.

This thread is so much fun :lol:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:14:11 pm by LoneFan »

Offline -Norbert-

I just went over some older posts and noticed this one again:

Quote from: -Norbert-
Crystal! What is that blue line on your right cheek? Is it painted on or a tatoo? Does it have any meaning (like Clan or Family or Rank) or is it just adoration?
"It's called Hyalj, the most direct translation would be 'war paint'. Most families have their own variations of it but for the most part it is just decoration. Though there are a few famous examples that have deep spiritual roots in Feryaa."

Now that made me wonder two things:
First: What if Feryaa. Is it a planet (if yes, in what system), a place on a planet (if yes, on which and in which system) or is it the name of a religion?

Second: Cyrvan Religion.
Are there many religions?
Do those religions believe in one god, or several gods, or a semi-sentient universe that created living beings to figure itself out (I wonder if anyone will get that reference...)?
How much influence does religion have on the cyrvan culture and government?
Are there many atheists?

And something mostly unrelated:
I know from earlier answers that Cyrvans have less experience in genetic engineering than the Humans, but what is their moral and ethic stance on the matter? Are there any legal regulations on genetic engineering (like allowing it only to correct genetic illnesses and such)?

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
I thought they disallowed any genetic modifications because they think they are almost perfect just the way they are and don't need them...you know what Cyrvans are like!... :nervous: although I guess if enough Terrans took up "genetic enhancement" and started to rival the Cyrvans in their prized abilities, along with the possiblilty of mental control over them, those little elves may re-think their stance on this given their attitude towards our "inferior" race......
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
**INCOMING CODED MESSAGE**
    *LOCATION OF ORIGIN -UNKNOWN-*

*CLEARANCE LEVEL -Nu-*

To all crew members:

In both militaries, martial arts must be part of standard training for all frontline personell. I also assume that each species teaches their soldiers a different style. What I would like to know is what each style centres around, if they were implemented  by true masters of each art who would win, and if they factor in melee weapons and if so, what kind.

What is the standard equipment loadout of each race's ground troops and ship-to-ship boarding forces? Do you still use projectile small arms? And if so, how do you prevent stray fire from causing explosive decompression during boarding action?

And to Dawn: You didn't seem too bothered in that picture Spoon has of you in the onsen. Are you actually an exhibitionist, and what are the chances of you getting the other WoD girls in on the fun?

**MESSAGE ENDS**

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline -Norbert-

Are you seriously asking how they prevent small arms fire from punching through armor that can withstand weapons stronger than nuclear bombs?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Are you seriously asking how they prevent small arms fire from punching through armor that can withstand weapons stronger than nuclear bombs?

looks to be more about how do they stop small arms puncturing the vacuum hull of the target craft during boarding operations.  the answer to that with military ships is that the hulls are designed to stop significantly more powerful weapons. civilian ships would be more fragile but i would have thought that anything designed to prevent rupturing from collisions with significant mass should be fairly difficult to puncture with close quarter weaponary and any kind of hull patching foam or force field should be able to patch small arms fire i would have thought
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:39:25 pm by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I just like to add to her annoyance. Maybe if her ears weren't so mobile it wouldn't be a big deal, but its just hilarious to see them flap around on every emotional change  :drevil:

"I'll have you banned from CSA space, you enemy of all Cyrvan women."
And yet you still gave him what he wanted... :p

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Quote from: Crystal

"I'll have you banned from CSA space, you enemy of all Cyrvan women."

D'awwww!
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'd like to know more about lé ground troops and martial combat styles.... Wuv you Dawn xxx

Y U no call meeee?!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
That "awwwww....." being for Crystal's face and not you being banned from CSA space of course... ;)

About the ears, that's why I said they looked like a now-prohibited object earlier this year... *quietly hides in a room somewhere...

Lol little Dawn is going to find out what it is like to be Crystal with regards to these Terrans and their fetishes...I guess when you take pictures of yourself in the bathroom and let these Terrans see them...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:57:54 am by Enigmatic Entity »
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent

The outer hull might be strong, but the inner one is squishier. You don't want to hit something delicate with a misfire.
Like the big red button and forces a self-destruction.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline -Norbert-

He said "explosive decompression" not "hitting vital systems" and that's what I was taking about too.

Offline Axem

Dear Dawn,

What is your favorite drink?

Cheerfully yours,
Axem

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I can't be bothered to defend my question from some guy. In the end it's Spoon's response that holds any validity after all.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.