Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279687 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Oh wait I have a question to Isa and Crystal: Do usual cyrvan commanders tend to be more pessimistic or optimistic?
There's just one thing. Who IS the enemy? That's one thing I've learned from WoD: Find out who your enemy shall be and then decide.
Regardless of the hopeless stuff and such. Let's see what happens if....

the Nordera are attacking: Kick dem asses space elves!
The Zy are attacking: They're coming in masses, spamming you with lazors and tearing your soft bodies apart. How terrible could the outcome of such a battle be?
The Hertak: The planet's ****ed, isn't it?
The Fyr'Kyr attack: Party time!

A much larger hostile force could be everything, ranging from fighter/bomber-spam to the typical Sathanas er, Armageddon-fleet.

It's a massive fleet of Alpha 1 Chuck Norris FRED beta testers gramatical inquisitors Hertak ships. A full blown invasion fleet with a large amount of everything, dusted with liberal amounts of 'kick your ass' and "We got DAKKA" spray painted on the hull of every ship.
Though tbh, the numbers i'm envisioning for the scenario is hardly affected by the species enacting the attack, it's a 'they jump in, you abandon your post to cry in the corner' jobbie.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline -Norbert-

I'm pretty sure the Cyrvan fleet doctrine (not commenting on individual ships themselves...) is almost made specifically to fight off fleets larger than their own, so that invading fleet probably won't get to rest with CSA ships jumping in and out all over the place with their subspace maneuverability and dynamic engagements.
And who says the enemy will be so indulgent as to sit around and let the Cyrvans do as the please?
Maybe this enemy has comparable or even superiour jumpengines and also uses a doctrine based on mobility rather than brute force.
Apart from that, we learned on the previous page of this thread that the Fura'ngle can deploy a jump-inhibitor field that only hinders enemies. And considering that Cyrvans are effected by Human inhibitor fields (not completely blocked from jumping, but severely hindered), it's highly doubtfull that they could overcome Fura'ngle fields.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Speaking of wings and those who fly them, what are the odds of seeing non-Terran/Cyrvan pilots on the Guardian Angel in the future?

I think a YEAAARGH every now and then would do wonders for JGASF morale.

"Unlikely. Just having two species on one ship is enough of a headache already..."

Was Dawn's time travel ever properly researched? If so, could it be expanded to include interdimensional travel?
What are the Terran and Cyrvan standings on either?
"The scientists in Silva have run every simulation possible, using the data from the recovered Ray I. They could not produce anything similar to what Dawn has experienced. They concluded that there must have been some external factor present because it 'should not have been possible' with the technology present at that time."

Would any of you allow Holley to fly in your wing, and why?

"Sure! Why not?"

Aaaaaand,........ Dawn, can has facebook name? :3

"Can... has... what?"

I also have a question regarding tactics for Isa and Crystal.

You have been assigned to protect a planet of great tactical importance, but not given sufficient forces to do so. A larger hostile fleet then engages you and you have no option but to abandon the planet and give up an important strategic point with only a small chance of being able to retake it in the future.
My question is this; would you enact a "scorched earth" policy and burn the planet to deny it's resources to the enemy while damning countless lives but ensuring victory in the future, or would you leave and hope the battle to retake it goes well?

And just for the scenario, the planet contains an equal ratio of cryvans to humans and has resources highly valued by both forces.....It also has the galaxies highest population of the cutest kittens ever to exist. EVER.

What would you do, why, and how would you feel about it?

"Considering this senario lacks a large amount of information on the enemy forces and only presents me with the choice of 'final heroic stand' and 'flee and leave millions to their fate' I'm going to assume that you wish to hear an answer about morality."

"How many points do I shift toward 'renegade' if I choose to go with the scorched earth policy option?"

Oh wait I have a question to Isa and Crystal: Do usual cyrvan commanders tend to be more pessimistic or optimistic?

"Hmmm, something I've noticed working with Terrans is that they tend to be less affected by the loss of allied ships and more by the destruction of hostile ones in the heat of battle. Cyrvans tend to be the reverse and are more cautious and pessimistic when it comes to fleet engagements."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Quote from: Dawn
"Can... has... what?"

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

And Isa, you'd get full renegade if you do. I will also become your willing slave if you say you'd do it just to get rid of the uselessly cute wastes of space that are cats.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
*scary snip*

And Isa, you'd get full renegade if you do. I will also become your willing slave if you say you'd do it just to get rid of the uselessly cute wastes of space that are cats.
Wut? kitten cuteness is the power source of future!
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Lorric

I'm going to have a bit of a pop here I think.

I honestly tried to think of a way to break the Cyrva love-fest, but the bottom line is I can't think of any questions to ask our poor neglected Terran friends right now, except Kunoichi. And I want to talk to the Cyrva myself.

Kunoichi: Have you ever been tempted to introduce Tempest to the concept of “friendly” fire?

Crystal: These new Cyrva seem to have a very low opinion of us humans. Do they represent the typical Cyrva view of us?

Luna: What motivated you to sign up for this first class of human/Cyrva pilots, especially with it being in Terran space?

Isa: Let's stop dancing around. I'll just ask you straight: Do we Terrans have anything to fear from you?

White haired Cyrva: Who are you?

Male Cyrva: Who are you?

Offline -Norbert-

Luna: What motivated you to sign up for this first class of human/Cyrva pilots, especially with it being in Terran space?
Abyss is neutral terretory, that belongs neither to the Terrans nor to the Cyrvans.... or you could say to both equally I guess.
That the 1st JGASF worked only in Terran space during the Hertak invasion was only due to the circumstances of the attack.

Offline qwadtep

Wut? kitten cuteness is the power source of future!
I posit that kittens were the external factor that made Dawn travel in time.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Cats are nothing but trouble, I mean, look at the Kilrathi! That's proof enough that they need to be eradicated from existance. The only good cats are the Thundercats, SWATcats, Samurai Pizza Cats and VG cats. All else must BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN  :mad2:

The Force shall free me.

Offline Lorric

Abyss is neutral terretory, that belongs neither to the Terrans nor to the Cyrvans.... or you could say to both equally I guess.
That the 1st JGASF worked only in Terran space during the Hertak invasion was only due to the circumstances of the attack.

The first graduating class was assigned to Terran Space, much to the annoyance of the Cyrvans, who spat their dummy out at this and refused to send over any Cyrvan equipment. The two Aestivals used were captured in the war, and older models.

I suppose it's possible Luna didn't know about this before the first class began training though. I was assuming she did due to the large majority of Terrans vs. Cyrvans in the class. Though I suppose that could be down to many factors.

Still, the question still stands, even if that aspect doesn't.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Cats are nothing but trouble, I mean, look at the Kilrathi! That's proof enough that they need to be eradicated from existance. The only good cats are the Thundercats, SWATcats, Samurai Pizza Cats and VG cats. All else must BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN  :mad2:
I will destroy you physically and then proceed to poop on your soul. Kitties are awesome and waaaaay more lovable than any other pet. You sir, must be destroyed for the sake of the Kitties.
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

:hopping:

I will destroy you physically and then proceed to poop on your soul. Kitties are awesome and waaaaay more lovable than any other pet. You sir, must be destroyed for the sake of the Kitties.

Hear! Hear!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:22:59 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

You mixed up your quote authors. :p
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Shhhh!  :nervous:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

No, they really aren't. I've owned both dogs and cats, and the dogs win every time.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
No, they really aren't. I've owned both dogs and cats, and the dogs win every time.

Gentlemen, we must combine the small size and physical cuddleness of cats with the attitude and behavior of dogs!

I propose...the Shetland Sheepdog.

Or maybe a Corgi but they're undisciplined little bastards.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Gentlemen, we must combine the small size and physical cuddleness of cats with the attitude and behavior of dogs!

I propose...the Shetland Sheepdog.

Or maybe a Corgi but they're undisciplined little bastards.

I believe that there is a species of domesticated fox in russia that has this down. The agility of a cat, the epicness of a dog and the ability to tie it up outside the house of someone you don't like in the middle of the night, and make it do that bark/cry that foxes do untill three in the morning.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"The scientists in Silva have run every simulation possible, using the data from the recovered Ray I. They could not produce anything similar to what Dawn has experienced. They concluded that there must have been some external factor present because it 'should not have been possible' with the technology present at that time."
[ ] Moriya shrine conspiracy
[ ] Yukari fooling around again
[ ] Vishnans

Can't tell...
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

The Force shall free me.