Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279675 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Oh I so hope it is NOT some higher being that intentionally pulled Dawn through time to make sure someone could wake up Infi and thus defeat the Hertak.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
"The scientists in Silva have run every simulation possible, using the data from the recovered Ray I. They could not produce anything similar to what Dawn has experienced. They concluded that there must have been some external factor present because it 'should not have been possible' with the technology present at that time."
[ ] Moriya shrine conspiracy
[ ] Yukari fooling around again
[ ] Vishnans

Can't tell...
TEMPLATES LIKE THAT ARE FORBIDDEN.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
"The scientists in Silva have run every simulation possible, using the data from the recovered Ray I. They could not produce anything similar to what Dawn has experienced. They concluded that there must have been some external factor present because it 'should not have been possible' with the technology present at that time."
[ ] Moriya shrine conspiracy
[ ] Yukari fooling around again
[ ] Vishnans

Can't tell...

You misssed out the obligatory Snufflepagus option :(
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
What about the Hertak Flagship's apparent interdimensional capabilities?

Oh I so hope it is NOT some higher being that intentionally pulled Dawn through time to make sure someone could wake up Infi and thus defeat the Hertak.

What if it was accidental? What if whatever Byrne was doing in War in Heaven went wrong, and affected other dimensions?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

What if it was accidental? What if whatever Byrne was doing in War in Heaven went wrong, and affected other dimensions?
That means a crossover, and crossover means fanfic, and fanfic means slashfic.  Crystal/Laporte go go go!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Isa, would you approve of your sister engaging in a relationship with a woman from an alternate dimension, with questionable mental stability?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That means a crossover
Heh, I was thinking what would happen if the Flagship jumped into Inferno, where ships like that are a dime a dozen.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter

That means a crossover, and crossover means fanfic, and fanfic means slashfic.  Crystal/Laporte go go go!

Boooooo! Hisssss!

* AndrewofDoom throws tomatoes at SpardaSon

LaporteXSimms and CrystalXMisuzu all the way!
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline -Norbert-

What if it was accidental?
I'd be fine if it was an accident. I just don't want it to be an intentional "divine intervention". That can be interresting too, but I don't think it would fit the setting and we also had that a short time ago in BP.

A Hertak scout or explorer, that the UEUs sensors couldn't detect, somehow causing the interference in the full-drive/half-drive coupling actually sounds good enough for me.

To someone who knows this: In the tech room entry on the GA, it was stated that a new ship would be built for every graduating class.

I'm going to assume that a class graduates from that joint academy every year, and ask:
How long does it actually take to build a Guardian Angel class carrier?
How many have been completed/are in progress?
If you are pumping out the bare minimum of one a year, wouldn't that be a large drain on resources?
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline Lorric

To someone who knows this: In the tech room entry on the GA, it was stated that a new ship would be built for every graduating class.

I'm going to assume that a class graduates from that joint academy every year, and ask:
If you are pumping out the bare minimum of one a year, wouldn't that be a large drain on resources?

I wouldn't think so. In the techroom, it basically says we survived long enough for the Cyrvans to decide to allow us to govern ourselves simply because we were able to create ships faster than the Cyrvan task force could destroy them, and gradually wore it down. Back in this thread somewhere there's also talk about the main shipyards which sound impressive too. I'd like to see them in Wings of Dawn 2. I seem to remember Isa pointing out that it was in her opinion the biggest tactical mistake the task force made not to go after them, and also Justice said that there's an extremely advanced AI running things there. The Guardian Angel isn't even that big. Wings of Dawn's capital ships are quite small as capital ships go. Well, except for the Hertak. It's also supposed to be a joint venture between two interplanetary empires. I would think they could produce one ship between them a year.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
...which Crystal probably does think that captaining one is like running a CSA ship on half-power, like a Challenger :P

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Some more questions for Isa:
Is there any particular reason you have only one pauldron and one sleeve, or is it a (rather alluring, if intimidating) fashion statement?

Is it standard issue, from your own wardrobe or did you get someone to design it especially?

And do you have some cool toys/gadgets intergraded with your underwear clothes:nervous:

I'd ask Crystal the same things, but with out technologically inferior screens that we have today, I can't tell if she has a small pauldron on her left shoulder, or her uniform is allowing for a large (as large as someone her....size can get at least) amount of sideboob.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Lorric

...which Crystal probably does think that captaining one is like running a CSA ship on half-power, like a Challenger :P

Well, she has a point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAADyaAa6DM&list=UUxW-7zwlLDcTmdpn2sOKEWg&index=6&feature=plcp

If anything, she's being generous with half power...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Kunoichi: Have you ever been tempted to introduce Tempest to the concept of “friendly” fire?

"I'm afraid her ghost will haunt me and somehow manage to get hold of all my lifesavings..."

Crystal: These new Cyrva seem to have a very low opinion of us humans. Do they represent the typical Cyrva view of us?

"I'm afraid so."

Luna: What motivated you to sign up for this first class of human/Cyrva pilots, especially with it being in Terran space?

"Terrans have delicious icecream recipes. One day I will collect them all and become a true master of icecream creation."

Isa: Let's stop dancing around. I'll just ask you straight: Do we Terrans have anything to fear from you?

"I treat my servants well, submit to me and you have nothing to fear."

White haired Cyrva: Who are you?

"Are you saying you don't know?! Typical qerran ignorance."

Male Cyrva: Who are you?

"Emizer Kerducy."

Isa, would you approve of your sister engaging in a relationship with a woman from an alternate dimension, with questionable mental stability?

"She should do whatever makes her a happy girl."

"Don't reply to these questions, Isa... please..."

"Estimated to be between six to 10 months, depending where its being constructed.
Two and one
Not at all, it's a mere one ship a year."

Some more questions for Isa:
Is there any particular reason you have only one pauldron and one sleeve, or is it a (rather alluring, if intimidating) fashion statement?

Is it standard issue, from your own wardrobe or did you get someone to design it especially?

"Saa, wouldn't you like to know?"

"Actually, that is a good question. Is wearing your uniform abnormally the latest development in your rebellious phase?"

"That's cute coming from someone who's been spending most of her time playing around with Terrans. Do you even remember what a CSA uniform looks like?"

And do you have some cool toys/gadgets intergraded with your underwear clothes:nervous:

"...What?"

"Go Go Gadget Skirtflipper."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Crystal - Then why didn't you Cyrvans just beat us in the war? You could have done it easily enough, it's no secret.

Isa - I have a funny feeling your definition of treating servants well and mine will differ somewhat...

White Hair - You're going to run out of letters that are not T eventually... I guess then we'll be Cherans or something...

And who is this?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71092.msg1407970#msg1407970

I thought she might be Crystal with a new look at first, but she's like the rest of them...

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Oh, I like Isa's integrated gadget. Gotta find a way to become Terran security detail on her ship, comrades.

Well, uh,  right, will we ever see that blue-haired bridge bunny ever again, anyone?

How long does it actually take to build a Guardian Angel class carrier? "Estimated to be between six to 10 months, depending where its being constructed. "
How many have been completed/are in progress? "Two and one"
If you are pumping out the bare minimum of one a year, wouldn't that be a large drain on resources? "Not at all, it's a mere one ship a year."

I think a frame of reference would be helpful here, so I'll follow up.

It took the GTVA "over 20 years" to complete the Colossus. If the CSA or LSF built it (or cooperated on its construction) how long do you think it would take to build one ship on that scale?
And as an aside, can you think of a reason to do so?

Ignore this.

New question: Why doesn't either the CSA or LSF have ships larger than 1 km in length?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:39:37 pm by Inglonias »
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

This is to, frankly, LSF members and any Cryvan who cares to respond.

Orbital Frames, from Zone of the Enders.

If they were real, how much fun would have in one.

Such as..OF. Anubis.

or Jehuty.

I know the first person to respond will be the mecha lover Misuzu.

Also, are any of you aware? Minimum speed of a Orbital Frame. In space. is 1 million mph. Seriously.

Offline Enzo03

White haired Cyrva: Who are you?

"Are you saying you don't know?! Typical qerran ignorance."
Yes you are certainly one to talk about ignorance.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.