Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279696 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Gentlemen Gentlemen, this is probably the point where I have to do my job as a moderator and urge you all to show some decree of restraint so that order may be restore in this thread.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Your women are teases :p
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline qwadtep

Ahem.

Since we were kind of on the subject of aliens, what do the Hertak look like?

On the subject of looks, is there any practical function to the rings on Cyrvan ships, or are they just to look cool?

On the subject of cool, why is Milkshake called Milkshake?

Offline -Norbert-

Usually I'd go for shield generator, but since the Aestival (or at least those two old ones the GA had on board) don't come with shields...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
These are engine rings (notice, all CSA craft have thrusters there). Part of the reason why CSA ships are so agile. Thrust vectoring on engines mounted that way can put a lot more torque on the ship than that of a centered engine. Also, Spoon used them to explain sidethrust at one point (though I don't remember how) and they had a purpose connected to their transformation into mecha (IIRC).

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Hey, I just found a datapad floating through deep space, with a JGASF emblem on the back. It has a bunch of text files on it that are pasword protected, but the titles keep on mentioning 'Tentacles' and Crystal.
I'm tempted to give it to Isa to see what secrets it may be hiding, as I don't have the password, but I might reconsider if I was given it... ;7
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
On the subject of cool, why is Milkshake called Milkshake?
Rumour has it that she tried to imitate Kelis in that video. Little did she know there were witnesses.
Said witnesses then died of 'mysterious knife related incidents', but it was too late: the nickname survived and spread.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline qwadtep

These are engine rings (notice, all CSA craft have thrusters there). Part of the reason why CSA ships are so agile. Thrust vectoring on engines mounted that way can put a lot more torque on the ship than that of a centered engine. Also, Spoon used them to explain sidethrust at one point (though I don't remember how) and they had a purpose connected to their transformation into mecha (IIRC).
Not all. I don't think certain capships have engines on them, just a lot of beams.
I was more curious about the significance of it being a ring versus big ugly Hades engines or something.

Hey, I just found a datapad floating through deep space, with a JGASF emblem on the back. It has a bunch of text files on it that are pasword protected, but the titles keep on mentioning 'Tentacles' and Crystal.
I'm tempted to give it to Isa to see what secrets it may be hiding, as I don't have the password, but I might reconsider if I was given it... ;7
Crystal's going to nuke you from orbit now.  It's the only way to be sure nobody ever finds out what is written down in there.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Crystal's going to nuke you from orbit now.  It's the only way to be sure nobody ever finds out what is written down in there.
:shaking:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline -Norbert-

I think she's far more likely to grab him, bring him into space and toss him out of an airlock, together with the pad, preferably on a trajectory straight into the sun to make sure it doesn't turn up again.

Hey, at least she's not some secret berserker that won't break every bone in Firespawn's body at that...

Then Again, Isa COULD just lock a teleporter beam on the datapad, beam it away from Firespawn, and beam him out an airlock just to be mean.

(If they have teleporters.)

Hey, at least she's not some secret berserker that won't break every bone in Firespawn's body at that...

Then Again, Isa COULD just lock a teleporter beam on the datapad, beam it away from Firespawn, and beam him out an airlock just to be mean.

(If they have teleporters.)

Infi had a teleporter. I don't think that any of the other races do.

Speaking of which:
Dawn (or if she doesn't know, someone who does) First, I apologize for your loss. Second, did the research team you were working with manage to learn anything from the fighter in terms of technical knowledge? I know they (and you) got the ship to work in, but did anybody know what made it tick?
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline qwadtep

I think she's far more likely to grab him, bring him into space and toss him out of an airlock, together with the pad, preferably on a trajectory straight into the sun to make sure it doesn't turn up again.
But then the LSF Masyaf might pick it up. That would be... bad.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
UNLOCKED!

The password was "Moolah"....Curious....
*Reading*
Oh my.....How can that even!?......LE GASP!  :jaw:
Never again shall I be able to look at you the same way, Crystal.

Now, before Crystal does this::beamz:, this::snipe:, or this::headz: to me, I'm off to secure this in Mistress Isa's name! :warp:

The Force shall free me.

Offline Lorric

Well, I think all hope of getting the Cyrvans to respect us just went out the window these last couple of pages... 

:banghead:  :nono:   :(

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Well, I think all hope of getting the Cyrvans to respect us just went out the window these last couple of pages... 

:banghead:  :nono:   :(
On the contrary, my good fellow!  They should respect our species even more, as our species continues to exist, despite sheer amounts of raw, unrefined crazy we all produce....Or maybe just a select few.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
'Despite'? More like 'because'. As you have to be human to be crazy, you have to be crazy to be human.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline qwadtep

It might not be good for LSF-Cordi relations though. I mean, they aren't even humanoid, they probably don't want that with a Cyrvan any more than a Cyrvan does with them.

Most of them, anyway.

Say, on that subject, what's the Cordi queen look like? I'd assume she's bigger than the rest of the little buggers, at least.

>_> Firespawn, I half believe that...Crystal might try to kill you. With the Gaurdian Angel's main guns.