Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 242682 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
So it happens in default SMF theme as well? Does it happen with more than one browser? I've tried it with Chrome and IE8, both work fine.

Can you try if completely erasing browser cache helps any?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Tested it too, it's not working for me either . I'm using Firefox 3.6.13

What I noticed is this :

I used this thread here, it has 3 Pages.  I have tried to make a direct postlink from every page. I always get transfered to the correct page, but not the correct post. It's always displaying the first post of the page.

See the links here :

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73803.msg1457310#msg1457310     5th post, 1st page

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73803.msg1460429#msg1460429     5th post, 2nd page

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73803.msg1462075#msg1462075     1st post, 3rd page

The links are all different, and it works ok with the default SMF theme, seems to be a problem with the hlp theme

Hope that helps :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I just tested Firefox 3.6.13, I've never had FF installed so its as clean as it gets. I had no trouble following these links to correct posts. So that means IE8, FF and Chrome works for me.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, for me too, but only with the default white SMF theme. HLP theme does not work correctly :(
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
And you've erased your browser cache (all of it), restarted browser and tried again?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Technically I disabled my cache, and have restarted the browser. Still happening.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
The drop down text when you are searching for a name when sending a pm is the same grey on lighter grey that the code boxes used with the added bonus of the selection text being white text on a light grey background.

I can also confirm that the linking to specific posts only taking me to the top of the correct page. I have tried it in firefox 3.6.13 on ubuntu and Windows 7, but the problem doesn't appear in my copy of chrome on this ubuntu system.  I will have to try clearing the cache in firefox here after posting.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Shade

Starman01's problem happens for me as well. Any direct link to a post ends up at the top of the page it's on, despite force-reloads and even if cache is completely disabled. It does go to the correct page in threads which are long enough to cover several of them, just doesn't scroll down to where the post is. Using Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows 7.

It works when I try it in IE, regardless of theme, and if I switch to the default SMF2 theme in FF. But on switching back to the HLP2.0 theme, FF is broken again.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Confirmed.  Clearing the cache, disabling add-ons, running in safe-mode does not help firefox, only switching to the default SMF theme makes everything work.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Just to complete the list for the bug hunt, I'm still using XP, SP3, so it's not a windows problem :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Very minor issue, but is there anything that can be done about the black tabbed pane titles in the Moderation log? Rolling the mouse over them highlights them anyway, so no urgency, but it's a little difficult to read :)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Another minor issue, can the "new" flag in PMs be clicky?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
This happens occasionally:

Don't know if it's new theme related or just a general issue.  I thought it was happening due to changing computers but I just closed firefox and reopened it on the same machine and it happened.  Only way to fix it is to clear the cash and reload the page. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I used to get that from time to time before the swap-over, oddly enough, it hasn't done it to me since :nervous:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
That issue indicates that browser for whatever reason, is identified as being a mobile browser.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
That issue indicates that browser for whatever reason, is identified as being a mobile browser.
That is not what the mobile version of HLP looks like.  This is what the mobile version of the site looks like.

That is what happens when for what ever reason the style sheet is not loaded or loaded incorrectly.  It has happened to me on several occasions and it goes away after forcing a page reload.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Note the Smartphone tags right top of FUBAR's screenshot. The layout doesn't seem broken, which is what usually happens if css fails to load. And if it is just css failing to load, I don't think it would show Smartphone tags.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
FYI, the blank looking theme simply happens when the CSS fails to load. The reason it still looks decent is because the templates aren't built using tables.

Also, I suspect the jump to post problems are being caused by the anchor - the bit of HTML code that the browser is supposed to jump to - being coded as an id instead of a name. Apparently some browsers are fine with that, while others aren't. I'll change that this weekend.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Note the Smartphone tags right top of FUBAR's screenshot. The layout doesn't seem broken, which is what usually happens if css fails to load. And if it is just css failing to load, I don't think it would show Smartphone tags.
I have had that smartphone tag show up in my browser consistently (though I haven't noticed it this week) and never have any problem with the layout.

Sandwich: Where does that tag come from anyway, and what does it actually mean?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm experiencing a recurrence of the logout glitch. Is anyone getting the same thing?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?