FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

Warmachine Release 2: ZIPSANDZAPSANDMISSLERACKS

<< < (15/17) > >>

manwiththemachinegun:
Huh, dropped the ingame lighting down one setting from 5 stars to 4 and now everything is smooth as butter. Thanks for the advice!

manwiththemachinegun:
Unless I'm missing something horrible and obvious, when WM is updated, can there be a link to whatever WM nightly build is required to get it to run? I tried doing a fresh install and the mod is still asking for "22200.9.0" which I can't find in the game folders or in the nightly build section.

roadnottaken:
Is there any chance WM-FSO could be built for Linux?  Alternatively, could you point me at the source repo so I can try building it myself?  I'd love to take this mod for a spin, but I don't game on Windows.   :(

EatThePath:

--- Quote from: manwiththemachinegun on November 19, 2022, 08:41:40 am ---Unless I'm missing something horrible and obvious, when WM is updated, can there be a link to whatever WM nightly build is required to get it to run? I tried doing a fresh install and the mod is still asking for "22200.9.0" which I can't find in the game folders or in the nightly build section.

--- End quote ---
Ah shoot I missed this until just now. Knossos is such a pain about this...
What you need is the "Warmade Builds" special engine version on knossos. You may have to toggle the "show engine builds in mod list" option in the knossos settings.

roadnottaken: unfortunately the process I'm using to build it for linux is failing, but the source for the current version the mod is running on should be https://github.com/EatThePath/fs2open.github.com/commit/74e912dead356a9731cf5bb8a2d5d2c4177cfae2

Alternatively if you know how to get around any roadblocks your launcher puts in your way, you can just use a current nightly. While at times the special builds do have divergences from the main builds, at the moment they're pretty closely synced and mostly exist to provide some version stability. Knossos doesn't really behave when trying to pin a build to a nightly, loving to just use newer versions if the user has them, which defeats the point... since nightlies do break these builds are my way around that. But right now any working nightly newer than november 17th should run warmachine 2.5.1 just fine.

roadnottaken:
I use knossos, and managed to get things (seemingly) working on the latest nightly build with a bit of mod.json tweaking.

For my own future reference: I ended up installing knossos under wine in order to get a clean download of Warmachine including the mod.json file.  Is there a more straightforward way to either get knossos to download a mod without checking for dependencies or find the url(s) knossos would have downloaded files from for manual retrieval?  The direct download link on fsnebula.org doesn't include a mod.(json|ini), and I wasn't fully confident in my ability to create a working one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version