Author Topic: RELEASE: Sol: A History Upgraded  (Read 109526 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: RELEASE: Sol: A History Upgraded
Reminding myself to put this in main page announce, disregard post plz.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Do you use an AMD card? If so, you probably hit this bug. Please try running a debug build and see if that changes anything. Any information you could provide on that bug might be very helpful since AFAIK no coder has been able to reproduce it, yet.

This upgrade is well deserved :) love the unique ship models for the rebs!

Offline mr.WHO

Little bug on second mission - you can order miner fighters to depart before hostilities commence - this makes mission unfinishable as you cannot achive "destroy fighters" objective.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Thank you for the note -- the same is true in the following mission.  Please post anything like this you see as with Knossos is it very easy to push out patches.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline CT27

Do you use an AMD card? If so, you probably hit this bug. Please try running a debug build and see if that changes anything. Any information you could provide on that bug might be very helpful since AFAIK no coder has been able to reproduce it, yet.

Yes, for my computer I use an AMD card.  Radeon HD 6770

Offline mr.WHO

"kinda bug" - in act two, mission "return of the executioner" I hear the beam power up sound that is very short (like 0.2 or 0.4 second) and looped.
I don't know if this is sound of any weapon or turret but is very anoying.

Offline mr.WHO

More bugs:
When I go to F4 > Message screen, the lower 1/3 part of the message interface is all black and doesn't show most recent messages.

I cannot start act 3 at all - game crash when I try to start the campaign:

Error: Can't open model file <Asteroid-BrownSmall.pof>
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 1057

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 10 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 156 bytes
fs2_open_3_8_1_20181023_e1db71f_x64_SSE2.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 13 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlUserThreadStart + 33 bytes

P.S. No Zagreus light destroyer from INF:A? I kinda liked that design and I'm no fond on a idea that rebels sell ship design to eachother (Still better than using old GW1 ships, but still).

That error comes from using an older version of MediaVPs. You need to use 3.8.x, which contains those asteroid assets.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline mr.WHO

I have MediaVP 3.8.2 installed, but when I go into Knossos Sol:AH > Details > Modify, it seems this mod only use MediaVP 3.7.2.

Offline Admiral Nelson

I've pushed an update which for now should use the older mvp assets instead to fix that issue, as well as to fix the other things such as the inappropriate player orders or beam up noises.

There really wasn't anyplace to use the Zagreus as there is only one UNU destroyer in S:AH, which thus should be the upgraded Megaera model.

The note on the messages screen might be worth mentioning in the high resolution interface thread.  The old interface seems to display a fixed number of lines that does not take font size into consideration.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline mr.WHO

OK after update I manage to clear act 3 without any problems.

Sidenote: Stinger seems to unable to hit a ****, if **** do an movement other than fly in straight line. The missiles seems to be slower than most fighters and lighter bombers.

Offline mr.WHO

In Act 4, "Demobilisation" mission if you fail to stop cruisers from escape you cannot end the mission - no depart, no failure message, nothing - when you jump out it will say you departed without authorization.

There are also several missions in the previous acts that "fail to inform you about your fail or progress to fail", but I forgot to note which of them.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
I'm getting a strange issue where the game crashes to desktop whenever I try to load the Leviathan in the tech room. No error, no nothing. Just instantly exits to windows. Oddly enough, the issue doesn't occur when I'm running fast debug. Help?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Does the debug log has an entry then? I had an occasion where the regular built crashed to desktop and the debug built as well, but it lived long enough to provide a solution (even though it doesn't crash here).

BTW EAEngParticles-shp has no #Ship Classes and #End, I think the table is ignored.

Offline mr.WHO

There really wasn't anyplace to use the Zagreus as there is only one UNU destroyer in S:AH, which thus should be the upgraded Megaera model.

Zagreus would fit well as UNU destroyer as it's a bit less massive (just like UNU is a bit less massive comparing to Jovians and Saturnian). It would also share some design similarities with UNU corvette (is it me or that corvette appear only in one mission?).

That way Tempest/Megarea could be Saturnian destroyer, so they could be a bit less carbon copy of Jovians.

That way we could have someting liek this:
Jovians - Orions on steroids
Saturninans - Megarea
Uranian-Neptunian - Zagreaus

Code: [Select]
Error: sah-mod.tbm (line 18)
Error: Missing required token: [#END]. Found [$Mission File Name: mdu-03] instead.

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 290
I am running Ubuntu 16.04 64bit with the 3.8.0 Appimage

Ideas?

Code: [Select]
Error: sah-mod.tbm (line 16)
Error: Missing required token: [#END]. Found [#Ignored Mission File Names] instead.

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 303
with the 3.8.1 Appimage dated 20180506

Offline Admiral Nelson

You need a more recent nightly.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So I've finally started playing this, but I initially loaded up a debug FRED and tested every ship to make sure it all loaded properly.  I get an error with the beam prototype model about not being able to load the sm-trans texture.  Oddly enough, it IS in the VP file.  Not sure what's causing that.  There also appears to be a missing texture asterod9 (yeah, I know it's not spelt right), which I eventually found in the Inferno Alliance VPs.  There's also a warning about docking normals with umb90.pof, which I don't understand either.  Finally, as I started the first mission, I ended up with no primary weapons.  Since there wasn't any combat in the first mission, it wasn't a problem and I thought that perhaps it was some kind of plot choice so you couldn't destroy anything, but then when I checked the loadout room in the 2nd mission, there were no primaries there either.  Would creating a new pilot help?

I also noticed a problem that I tracked back to the 3.8X Media VPs, so it's not a problem with SAH.  It seems that the new Leviathan wasn't included, but the tables for it were.  Fortunately, I had the model in my 2014 VP folder.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!