Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Modern X-Wing Pitch Video

(1/5) > >>

Vidmaster:
Looks like there was actually a pitch to EA executives to make a modern X-Wing Game, see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=jV0VNDbqILY

Looks actually like a solid prototype...    I am not entirely certain what the connection between that pitch the the Indie Game Rebel Galaxy is, which I have not played, but considering that said team is doing something space-shootery next (this tweet and a few others is all I know), this does get me exited somewhat ;)

FrikgFeek:
Looks closer to a modern Rogue Squadron than a modern X-wing game tbh.

The E:
I mean, that's pretty much what you'd get if you made a Star Wars total conversion for Rogue Galaxy (which the video mostly seems to be).

Buckshee Rounds:
This is probably not something that should be said on hlp of all places - I much prefer rogue squadron to x-wing. The games were buckets of fun. Lucasarts acquired the rights from factor 5 so if they really wanted they could make a sequel. Why they don't is beyond me, since all 3 sold really well iirc.

Det. Bullock:

--- Quote from: Buckshee Rounds on January 02, 2018, 03:30:03 pm ---This is probably not something that should be said on hlp of all places - I much prefer rogue squadron to x-wing. The games were buckets of fun. Lucasarts acquired the rights from factor 5 so if they really wanted they could make a sequel. Why they don't is beyond me, since all 3 sold really well iirc.

--- End quote ---
I  sincerely don't find the Rogue Squadron games more fun than X-wing, I hate that horrible design philosophy of scripting stuff to the point you can't even damage certain targets until the game says so and all the games in the series are full of things like that.
I hate the simplified radar, I hate not being able to slow down enough to take a shot at something that's slower than me and most of all I hate being forced to a gamepad in the latter two games of the series.
By the way part of the reason the games didn't have follow-ups was that Factor 5 were sick of doing these games and it shows in Rebel Strike with all those janky on foot sections tacked on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version