Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

Now accepting font suggestions from Google Fonts

(1/2) > >>

Sandwich:
I'm working on a completely revamped forum theme. The current theme is based on Bootstrap, whereas the frontpage has used Foundation for a couple of site versions now. This new forum theme will also use Foundation, for consistency and developer sanity (if you don't know what Bootstrap or Foundation are, don't worry about it).

Generally speaking, I intend on more or less recreating the current look and feel (not to a pixel-perfect degree). However, I love typography (designing with fonts), and instead of imposing on y'all a font pairing (one for headers and buttons, one for body text) that I happen to like, I thought I'd take suggestions from you.

Here's an example. I'm currently liking the combination of 'Play' for header/button text, and 'Raleway' for body text (see the attached image for how they look). I'd like to get your thoughts and suggestions for other font pairings you think would look good on HLP (Google Fonts—or another free font service—only, please).

For reference, the new website currently uses Lato, but that can easily be changed to match the fonts we end up with for the forums. :)

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

mjn.mixael:
STOP and Bank Gothic. :)

Sandwich:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on January 23, 2018, 10:40:31 pm ---STOP and Bank Gothic. :)

--- End quote ---

:wtf:

Colonol Dekker:
Stencil yo.  Copperplate gothic?

JSRNerdo:
I recommend Akashi! It's really great and what I'm using for a bunch of stuff in Last Stand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version