Author Topic: orb test build  (Read 8385 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i dont think thats my fault.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline JR2000Z

Top one looks pretty neat. :D

You haven't been goofing off with the sun data files have you? ;)

Perhaps it's your 3d settings... :confused:
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
mission works fine with other exes :sigh:
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Offline Rol

i got the rearming bug to... but i want the orb radar:)
what should i do?

I haven't had a chance to test it too extensively, but so far this is awesome. Great job. :)

Offline Svizel

• http://165thbdhr.com
I'm using T-20040822 build right now but since this is orb radar code related i think better place to post it is here...

I noticed 2 minor issues in new ord radar code. First is huge radar dot scale-up. If i got it right there are 2 different scale factors. If you target something dot gets a bit larger and if ship is in front of you or behind, radar dot is smaller or larger. Problem is if your target is far behind you it's dot it about 3 times bigger than other dots. I guess problem should be solved if you first scale dots by distance and then add fixed number to radius of targetted ship's dot. ;)

Second issue is that with this new code radar background always resets to green color (exactly same way like the ping counter for multiplayer games). If you set it in mission on any color it stays like that only till end of mission and resets on green next one anyway. :sigh:

Otherwise this new radar is really nice, good job. :yes:

Well... and to not only moan in here i made orb radar friendly background you can use. Don't expect anything "cool" or "revolutionary" tho, i just removed the inner lines so orb radar is easier to read. :) You can download it here.

And finally here is screen with all mentioned above (huge radar dot, green background and new background image)
http://svizel.kbx.cz/images/radar.jpg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 03:51:22 pm by 1183 »
...but what do i know, i'm just Drunk.
Proud deck swabber of BDHR,
tamed monkey of TeamWars admin team.