Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 175812 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
[color=66ff00]Kick ass campaign. :yes:

Bit of voice acting and it'll be even better. :nod:
[/color]

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Maeglamor
[color=66ff00]Bit of voice acting and it'll be even better. :nod:
[/color]

I thought it was great the way it was.

Spoiler:
I kinda liked having only the breathing sounds, flashes, and the Transcendant's voices being done. Scary as hell.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Maybe this was already addressed, but I I don't feel like digging through 12 pages of posts...

I manage to get the campaign to load alright, but the trouble is that once I'm in mission, nothing seems to happen (admittedly I've only wandered around for about 5 minutes max) but I'm also completely unarmed.  Something seems to be missing here.  I'm getting some mission content, but little else.
I'm not really evil, just energetic and misguided...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Maeglamor
[color=66ff00]Kick ass campaign. :yes:

Bit of voice acting and it'll be even better. :nod:
[/color]

Yeah, I don't know if it would help or hinder the campaign to have voice actors, which is the reason why I didn't start begging for it immediately after playing it. :p

Having the Transcendant stand out so much seemed to help alot.
-C

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Rhovanion
I manage to get the campaign to load alright, but the trouble is that once I'm in mission, nothing seems to happen (admittedly I've only wandered around for about 5 minutes max) but I'm also completely unarmed.  Something seems to be missing here.  I'm getting some mission content, but little else.

Odd. Are you using the -mod commandline? Though that doesn't really explain the absense of weapons... do you have any other mods installed in the base directory?

As for the mission, is it the very first mission? If so, try putting this in /Transcend/data/missions/: clickery

I am using the -mod command line.  I've also managed to get it to acknowledge that I've left the asteroids, but I still have no weapons, and ramming pirates is remarkably ineffective.  I tried installing the mission patch, but to no effect.  It might also be worth mentioning that I had to actually create the "missions" subdirectory as it wasn't there.

Aside from that, the only other campaign I have installed is the "Homesick" one, and it seems simple enough to not make any difference.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I've had that happen to me in other campaigns... try resetting it in the campaing room. Yes, you're on the first mission still, but give it a whirl. It fixed things for me...

Offline Kie99

If that doesn't work, create a new pilot and try it again with the new pilot.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

I'm running into a glitch right. Around the third mission, when jumping out in the jump node, I get this error:

Error: Can't open file
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1679
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using the -mod command line, and the only other mod I have copied over is SAH, which shouldn't affect the ship tables, as it's only a .vp file.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If SAH is in the path searched by the game and not in it's own folder it could very easily affect the game as it does have it's own set of table files inside the VP which could override the ones in the main FS2 VP files.

And what the hell are you doing with SAH installed without Inferno anyway?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Didn't know I required it. I haven't played into it very far, but its been working just fine.

Originally posted by kietotheworld
If that doesn't work, create a new pilot and try it again with the new pilot.

That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks a bunch guys!  Solid campaign so far!

Just finished the campaign, and I wanted to offer my compliments to the designer.  Well done!  This is a highly creative and thoughtful set of missions!  By far one of the most original uses I've seen for a game of this type ever.  Highly unique, surreal, and inventive.  Well done!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
THIS CAMPAIGN IS SO FUN, I'M MAKING HI-RES PEGASUS TEXTURES IN ITS HONOR
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Just started playing this campaign. I'm having occasional hiccups during missions. Running the fs2_open_T-20050812 build. Same with the Goober build too. I ran in debug mode and found out that it pauses whenever a conversation is running. I see these messages:

message 'Omicron2_beams' with invalid head.  Fix by assigning persona to the message.

Replace the message in quote with what seems to be names of the message being transmitted. It becomes very hard to dogfight with the Omicron peeps chattering on. On another note, the campaign is godamn hard :shaking:

I also dont see the 'End' planet. I unzipped all of Lightspeed's nebulae files into effects. I am not using the table file that came with it though.

Oh yes, tech info:

Command line :

-mod Transcend, ,Media_VPs -spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -2d_poof -rlm -targetinfo -smart_shields -snd_preload -env

Media VPs are 3.6.6, no as_effects, no mv_music.
OGL mode, 1024x768 32bpp, Cat5.8s
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 06:37:24 am by 3074 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by ImmortalZ
Just started playing this campaign. I'm having occasional hiccups during missions. Running the fs2_open_T-20050812 build. Same with the Goober build too. I ran in debug mode and found out that it pauses whenever a conversation is running. I see these messages:

message 'Omicron2_beams' with invalid head.  Fix by assigning persona to the message.
That's the fault of the mission designer but it isn't a significant problem.  Run the release version and you won't see that message.
I also dont see the 'End' planet. I unzipped all of Lightspeed's nebulae files into effects. I am not using the table file that came with it though.[/B]
That would be why. :p

I wasnt using that table cuz I saw somewhere in this thread that the tables in the media vps make use of his stuff automagically. Hmm, my mistake I guess.

I have made some progress... mostly by running;)

That's the fault of the mission designer but it isn't a significant problem. Run the release version and you won't see that message.

Release is for wussies. Beta all the way :) I've come to adjust to the delay...

One more thing, how is the fade-in/out thing supposed to work? My screen goes blank and comes back during the tran... umm, the makes-you-****-in-your-pants nebulae missions.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The release builds are beta. Only the official builds aren't. The debug builds are only meant to be run when you have a problem not cause you want to cause a problem :p

Debug builds give you extra information for tracing bugs. If you're not experiencing any bugs you want to trace don't bother with them.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Not to mention the debug builds are slower :)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
wow, just wow

that campaign was awesome
im starting work on the brand new animated glowmaps for the Pegasus, to go with my hires maps and shines
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D