Author Topic: Female characters done both wrong and right.  (Read 19223 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Female characters done both wrong and right.
You want to add her to Freespace?

As a ship? Or a comms image?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

You want to add her to Freespace?

As a ship? Or a comms image?

Perhaps in the pre-Unification War era, historical records were lost and misinterpreted, and several fictional characters were falsely believed to have been real people. And as some ships are named after famous and heroic figures from Terran history, a future campaign could feature the GTD Lara Croft.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Ellie from The Last of Us is worth mentioning; her nuanced portrayal and character development are exceptional. The depth of her story delves into emotional resilience and the complexities of human relationships in a post-apocalyptic world. This kind of narrative drives home the fact that well-crafted female characters can carry a game's storyline just as powerfully as any.
Another example is Briar from League of Legends. She's portrayed as a formidable force, and her character design blends classic fantasy elements with a unique personality that sets her apart. Her abilities and lore contribute to the depth of the League of Legends universe, enriching the experience for players.
Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn stands out, too. She's an excellent example of a well-rounded character with a compelling backstory, goals, and motivations independent of her gender. Her character development focuses on personal growth and adapting to her challenges.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 09:22:40 am by Bl4ckj4ck »