Author Topic: RELEASE - Flames of War: chapter 1  (Read 46980 times)

Re: RELEASE - Flames of War: chapter 1
So you didn't fiddle with the tables at all? Every change you did was in-game?

Well. This is certantly strange. I don't have a clue what could be causing that. Maby some launcher flag?

Yes i just did changes in game. What do mean about and how can i see a launcher flag?
I don´t know if it helps... but sometimes it happens in other campaings too, but the debuger came in and solve the problem. In flame sof war i´ve been tottally paralised.

I have tried to run the game with the debugger and it said that there were a file that was pointing to a file that seem to be in another computer...
Just after that, the program crashed and the windos finalized that....

the error log of the event generated by the launcher is the following:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 03:58:56 pm by lobisomem »
A flying doctor in the middle of dogfighting game? it's better to come back to my books...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Have you tried removing the mod?

Oh, this
game_flags = -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload ;
are the launcher flags..some of them.

If I understood you correctly, FS won't start at all anymore, or is it just with this mod. Becosue that shouldn't happen unless there's some MASSIVE table error, but I would have caught that earlier.
Could be problem with the FSO exe you're using
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Have you tried removing the mod?

If I understood you correctly, FS won't start at all anymore, or is it just with this mod. Becosue that shouldn't happen unless there's some MASSIVE table error, but I would have caught that earlier.
Could be problem with the FSO exe you're using

well... the FS is starting and, althought there are some problems with other mods, i believe that the problem is in the mod itself...
That´s why i didn´t tried to remove that mod. This installation have been used for more than 4 months now, and i haven´t had any problem since, so i really don´t believe it´s a problem from FSO exe. ?Of course that i could load another mod to play... however, that´s the second time i start playing FOW and can´t finish... and i´m particularly fan of this history.

I will try to remove all the flags and see what happens,
thanks and i write if something new appear to happen.
A flying doctor in the middle of dogfighting game? it's better to come back to my books...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I wish you the best of luck with it. continune posting what errors you get, what messages it gives you (especialyl what FILES it sez are the culprit)

I wish you the best of luck with it. continune posting what errors you get, what messages it gives you (especialyl what FILES it sez are the culprit)

Hey!
today i runned the debugger once again and i think i finally understood how to copy the information...
that´s what it said:
Warning: Bogus string in weapon flags: bigship

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Weapon\Weapons.cpp
Line: 1605
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_weapon()    parse_weaponstbl()    weapon_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

Error: Can't open model file <none>
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1902
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( is-subsystem-destroyed-delay
      "Fury"
      "turretB5"
   )
   ( send-message
      "Fury"
      "High"
      "F- rear cannon gone"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turretB5)
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5798

Call stack:
I hope it help! :)
thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:29:05 pm by lobisomem »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Complaining about a bigship flag? :wtf: Hmmm.. try removing it from the weapons.tbl (do a search, it should be near the bottom)

Invalid subsystem name?  Urgh. WTF? turretB5 should be there.
I had this invalid subsystem name happen before - it was a SCP bug methinks..that or the converter messed something up with the model, but that shouldn't be. The Fury worked fine in htat mission for me.

Complaining about a bigship flag? :wtf: Hmmm.. try removing it from the weapons.tbl (do a search, it should be near the bottom)

I had this invalid subsystem name happen before - it was a SCP bug methinks..that or the converter messed something up with the model, but that shouldn't be. The Fury worked fine in htat mission for me.

I dind´t find the weapon.tbl in side my FOW chapter 1 folder... to tell you the truth i only found 4 weapons.tbl inside all the FSCP folder, each one inside the enforcer, incursion, return to sol  and into the dephts of the hell mods folder...
wich one should i reconfigurate?
Thanks

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
OK so where do I drop the Music, Insignia and nameplate files?

hip63 :g
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

I dind´t find the weapon.tbl in side my FOW chapter 1 folder... to tell you the truth i only found 4 weapons.tbl inside all the FSCP folder, each one inside the enforcer, incursion, return to sol  and into the dephts of the hell mods folder...
wich one should i reconfigurate?
Thanks

WHAT? There's GOT to be a weapons.tbl in there.. inside the VP. Just extract everything into the mod/FOW/Data folder and it will all work as if it's in the VP.

OK so where do I drop the Music, Insignia and nameplate files?

Music goes in FOW/Data/music, Insignias go in players/squads, nameplates go into maps.

Hey friend!
It miracously worked again after i stracted everything from inside the fow.vp
It still crashes if i try to destroy the persistent or the other ship BEFORE the mission they attack the fury, but wthout this exception, everything seems to be ok!
Thanks a lot!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That's strange...what mission number is that?

That's strange...what mission number is that?

I don´t exactly know, but it´s propably the 7th or the 11th, and the crash happens when in the first "part" of the mission, you try to attack or destroy the persistent or another ship that will appear in the second "part" of that mission. I don´t know exactly the number of the mission but it is one that you first starts in the middle of a big battle and everybody flew. After that you make a jump to another area, where it happens the second part. In the second part you must defend the fury againts many waves of bombers, 2 leviathans and a deimos, what make the mission almost impossible to complete...
Anyway, i will restart the campaing because after all that modifing stuffs something happenned and all my player stats in the FOW campaing has been lost although i still being able to play the next mission.
I hope i have helped and, now that i´m restarting the campaing i will count the number of missions.
See ya.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That's the 11th mission - the mutli-prounged attack on Sirius.

IIRC, there is only one enemy corvette that's guardian-ed and it escapes after dropping to 50% or something. I have no idea why attacking it could cause the chrash.

I can't look it up ATM.

That's the 11th mission - the mutli-prounged attack on Sirius.

IIRC, there is only one enemy corvette that's guardian-ed and it escapes after dropping to 50% or something. I have no idea why attacking it could cause the chrash.

I can't look it up ATM.

I´m not sure that we´re talking about the same mission... if we´re talking about the same mission we´re sure mistaking the ship.
Near the end of the mission, the NTF gargantuan block the jump node, and the fury stay giving cover for the retreat of the other ships. With gargantuan, 2 ships came in, and they´re something about 5 ou 7 clicks from the main battle area. They leave the area even if not attacked, just after all the alpha wing jump out.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I might have mixed hte nmber but that's hte Sirius assualt allright - those two ships are supposed to follow the Fury (chase it) - so they should not get destroyed.
I have not guadianed them, alltough I think I gave them a depart order 2 minutes after the Fury goes away.

What were you doing chasing them anyway? IIRC, you get orders to depart and you get flamed by your wingmen if you delay, up to the point where they leave without you and call you an asshole. And I remember sending out a few wings out to kill the player to punish him if he decides to stay behind.  :p

I might have mixed hte nmber but that's hte Sirius assualt allright - those two ships are supposed to follow the Fury (chase it) - so they should not get destroyed.
I have not guadianed them, alltough I think I gave them a depart order 2 minutes after the Fury goes away.

What were you doing chasing them anyway? IIRC, you get orders to depart and you get flamed by your wingmen if you delay, up to the point where they leave without you and call you an asshole. And I remember sending out a few wings out to kill the player to punish him if he decides to stay behind.  :p

heheheh
that´s true... but the next mission is just too impossible.. so i tried destroyng or disabling, or even just disarming forward beam cannons of that 2 ships before they depart.
About the wings.. well... that´s true that they came, but i found very instersting destroying wave after wave too increse my killl list! ;7

Offline Ole

Ok, just started playing, nice campaign.

But I got 2 problems:

1)The first Mission with the Legion. Actually I managed to destroy it and kept the frigate alive. So I got no order to jump out (did it anyway) and in the debriefing the frigate was mentioned as destroyed. Still, I passed the mission.
2)The mission afterwards. The transport behaved a bit strange while docking with the Legion (which, of course I already had destroyed the mission before). The Argo just kind of went through the legion (starting roughly at the entrance to the fighterbay) right to its docking point. Looked really strange.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How did you manage to destroy it in a Loki?That thing has no weapons capable of destorying a capital ships..
I can't recall if I made the ship invulnerable at some point (I think I did..maybe the SEXP didn't trigger?)

As for no2. Yeah, I'm aware of that bug. Have no idea what's causing it. The transport AI acts whacky when docking. Sometimes it even spins the Legion like a giant propeller (and kill the player if he gets hit) :lol:

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
That sounds like it could be a problem with the Legion POF file.

Offline Ole

Would need to check it out, but I think I used a)a Myrmidon, not a Loki (which of course means nothing nin regard to destroying it) and b)I guess the Deimos destroyed it (as I said, it survived and well, just stood there, doing nothing).  Would need to replay it to tell you exactly what I did, but well, I know it blew up.

Regarding the docking bug: Uhm, actually the transport was still docked, when it jumped out, taking teh Legion with it. Don't know if that was intended.