Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139684 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Official Robotech Mod Thread
AA works on SFC and SS but the models are oriented more for the SS engine apparently. That's why we are having so much trouble with them, they were not made FOR FS2 (which is a much more demanding format, like no intersecting polies ect...)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

I'm porting this over to the StarShatter game engine ..but if other mod teams want to use it ...its up for grabs as well ..

Originally posted by Getter Robo G
AA works on SFC and SS but the models are oriented more for the SS engine apparently. That's why we are having so much trouble with them, they were not made FOR FS2 (which is a much more demanding format, like no intersecting polies ect...)

Holy crap no intersecting polies  :eek2:   ....eeew..

Yeah ...SS is a little more forgiving not to mention most of the stuff you guys got now is over two years old.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Actually FS is a lot more forgiving than it used to be.  Intersecting polys may still cause oddities on the model, but they should at least render correctly.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Thats one neat looking ship. sry been dormant for quite sometime. me  day job is keeping me busy.

I've resized the Horizon drophips in refference to the Alpha fighter model I'll be sending it to the team soon. been working on the Triger Fish ( Tiger Fish ) and Garfish model from Ancientangel. I was able to convert them to cob and compile them in PCS but if I try them in game FS2 will crash.  originaly the models are in MS3d format and I'm using Unwrap 3D to convert them to cob and I dont have True Space. If you wana take a crack at  the model just PM me I'lll send it to u.
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

Offline Getter Robo G

RELEASE !!!

Invid Shock trooper Beta (posed for space combat)

table is basic but has placeholder custom weapon and looks neat in game (Do NOT have .jpg or .tga suppot on or the thruster plumes look fugly!)

for new people instructions in the read me
we use BASIC FS_Open 3.5.6 only -shine and -slow enabled
have fun!

Model is finished (unless soemone wants to do a shinemap for all our invids? :7 ) but table is not final at all!

Rock on Protoculture ADDICTS!
www.game-warden.com/robotech/invidshockbeta.rar

(note new link this should work I hope)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 01:12:50 am by 2035 »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Getter Robo G

Chinaman says the link is blocked, has anyone else had trouble with the download???

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you guys's know about my animation code?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Link works for me.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Getter Robo G

Hey big B! I heard of it but as I'm throwing the mod together I got to go with my limitations. All of Taylor's stuff and your shadow stuff makes me CTD so if this is lie a build thing I dunno about that stuff. I just run BASIC 3.5.6. Trash mentioned your ani thingy so IF you can explain it to him that would be great.

I just got some great news but also some equally frustrating news...

started working on the Pincer Command Unit ...

I will keep you posted ..on it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I wish I could model...this is one of those projects I'd like to see, if only because I'm a die-hard Robotech fan.

Of course, I'd probably go off and model some of the Third Invid War mecha if I had the skill to model at all...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Getter Robo G

Arrgh...  AA pre-empted me!! lol!

Yeah 3 more models are nearing completing by the sister projects (Shatter Star lead by AA, and the HW2 Sentinels by Accused_Raptor)

That was the good news. Now I better get to work on the Pincer beams huh?  (BTW has anyone tried out the IST, how do you like it? Please note the weapon was a temp stand-in as I still need to get it Vertically Disk shaped like in the show, but at least we got a starting point to work from).

Offline Droz

Are the veritechs fully transformable?

Offline Getter Robo G

Yes, they are/will be. meaning I have played with the change model command and it works to my satisfaction (plus I doubt anyone would need to hit transform key sequence more than 999 times ina mission) so we are go! As of right now we have 3 colors of Alpha fighters and two of the battloids. the alphas' still need the gerwalk mode (in between). We are awaiting skinning of new Vt's so the old ones besides the vf1a are NOT in the tables or folders for now. If worse comes to worse we can use the old gerwalk mode for regular vt's till new ones can be switched in, but as of now we do NOT have any regular Macross era VT battloids. Hopefully that will be remedied in the future. do a search ealier in thgis thread, or better yet read from teh beginning and you can see our screens released of progress as well as shots of the alphas and their battloids.. ect.. l8tr!

Offline Getter Robo G

Since there hasn't been a post ina while I wanted to update and let some of our newer community members know that this mod exists and although is hosted on Game Warden got it's start here. intersted people can read from the beginning and also if they have skills (like modling/texturing/animations) that we desperately need they should leave some contact info if they can help us out.

I will be dropping a note to AA froa prgress report onhis RCB as well as raptor in regards to the SDF-3/Izumo...

I myself have been side tracked for a bit with Anarchy Online but as I speak I am also getting back to Trek and working on arming the Connie and Reliant (the Soulwolf experiment was a disaster...think it was because of a blender mistranslation possibly)...I'm not ready to go back to trying to turret it until I can get soem smaller conversions finished first... So Trek isn't dead, it's just sleeping... (If I can get a team together for it Hippo said to let him know to talk about hosting).

l8tr...

Offline Getter Robo G

Major friggen snag.....

This weekend I planned on arming Omni's Miranda and Connie models for the Trek mod BUT now when you see it fire in game it causes a crash to desktop. It has to be either the table entry for Miranda (which never caused a crash before with other models as a placeholder) or the model itself (I screwed the turrets). As those are th only things that got altered last night...

Since I am doing both mods might as well just mention it here in RT forum as when Fred debugs it says I got 20 erros as ususal NONE of them caused a CTD. I am fairly confident it is NOT the weapons table despite the errors I have tested Dozens of new ships with them and they all work fine except with the new ship...

So I am putting out an emergency call for a tabler for Robotech AND Star Trek... This error will hold up the development even more than it already is.

Message in Fred log, "Interger Divide by zero error" no friggen clue where though...

I'd appreciate any help with this as I have been mostly solo on the Trek mod for like last 3 years (has it been that long already?)...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 08:52:38 am by 2035 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
hop, btw:
http://www.shadowchroniclesnews.com/

now, let's see if that one ghoes through :p
SCREW CANON!

Hi guys,

I'm just a new little member and a new modder.

I started to build mods last week, so i hope you won't be too hard with me:

The main problem for me is to texture the models, i want to stay close to the Max Sterling's mod visual rendering.

the Sdf1 in cruiser mod get 16 turrets, 13 in attack mod (5 beam canons for each). And only one Beam canon for the Bodolza's Fortress (One shot=everybody's killed :)! )

I think than i will work on Zentradi cruisers, for now that's on 3d models for Planets
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 12:43:45 pm by 3004 »
°(-_-)°

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Wrong kind of image tages. We use the [ Img ] [ /img ] kind here :D

:welcome: anyway :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]