Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139680 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Official Robotech Mod Thread
It has all the turrets on it but it's not entirely POFed yet..no data on engines, paths or turrets..

Trouble is i can't impor from the previous models as the face the wrong way:D

The Dedalus attack model is slightly turned for instance so all my turrets are a bit off. No biggie, I'l ldeal with it.

I can add a hidden missile launcher on the nose of the dedalus attack model (I can make the internal hangar and hte dedalus door a subobject wit hvery low HP..that way it would dissper upon collision)

What I don't get is how you plan to make the actual punch - i.e. - for hte Dedalus to actualyl breakh the enemy hull and relese the missile salvo inside
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
SEXP and freding.. same as when I did teh Last macross mission Khyron kills SDF-2 (armd) on top of teh Orion reskin (SDF-1) and then the Orion fired the cannonand grazed the ship (don't ask my secret) Best part of all I used the show's narration can vocie comms. Anyway Khyron slams into SDF-1 ans then they both explode...

My plan is to make each D-A a scripted event.  Cruiser mode or soldier normal mode to start.. waypoints and timing to change model into D-A mode and charge teh opponent and BHAM! seconds after contact the enemy ship Kamikazies...

I was musing about making that episode where Lisa screws up ans you see the arm go throught the lower hull into the top and out THEn you see teh door open and all teh missiles coem out and hit rick.. THAT may be too ambitious though LOL!!!

BTW I got soem HIGH poly Destroids somewhere ROWHIDER, want me to post them???? average poly count 15-30k so they will need to be reduced and optimized...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Yes, if you want... :)

I'm adding rotative turrets (Monsters) on my sdf1 and i get a strange bug: for the five first seconds, the turret is running correctly, after the gun starts to dance in the galactic space...:confused:

Someone knows the problem?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 07:08:13 am by 3004 »
°(-_-)°

Yo!

This week, i've done some updates on my cruisers (Thurevi Salaan), maked the Tiluvo Dropship.

I've done the Male Armor, the first one was awesome with 16000 Polys, the second one:2500 but really ugly
:eek:

So, endly a little modification of the Max Sterling's Regult to make the Gluuhaug and the Serauhaug.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 04:27:00 pm by 3004 »
°(-_-)°

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
my GOD! i was gonna do that! :p

[EDIT] shouldn't the jammer pod be white? just a suggestion. :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 04:54:31 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

lol, not important.
I've a bug in Fs2: no dynamic lightning on the Regult, only on added weapons. Someone know why?
°(-_-)°

Offline Getter Robo G

Good job on the pods! I'm sure those are just a minor texture fix later on but for now they look excellent.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Rapidly:

the Glaug Eldare: a modification from the Max Sterling's Model
Increased Boosted speed, and the multi-purpose missile MPA-6A

°(-_-)°

Offline Getter Robo G

Looks good but a little rough, i will have to recheck my pics. Is it a little too sharp on the edges?

I've reworked my Glaug: just increased radius...

Now, my Quel-Quallie scout (Bron, Rico, Konda)

Two models, one with and one without the radar turret.

°(-_-)°

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
polycount?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

3600, but it could be easely decreased, it's not very important, we don't have to display 20 like that :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 10:41:01 am by 3004 »
°(-_-)°

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Perhaps if we want a Battle of endor ^^

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*imagines playing a BoE-ish scenario* *mission loads* *mission starts* *inner workings of computer melt* ****.

[EDIT]

Originally posted by Rowhider
And just for fun: My Monster

Now it's configured like a classic Bomber with an independant turret, but maybe i will use it as SubObject for the sdf1...

hmm, shouldn't the Monster have triple barrels for arms?

just adding some advice.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 08:57:44 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Look there for the monster
http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Mecha/Monster.html

Yo! I'm back now! Just after 2 month without internet...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 01:30:16 am by 3004 »
°(-_-)°

Offline Getter Robo G

Re: Official Robotech Mod Thread
Update Screenie

Messed around with Nico's (venom) skybox thingy... Had to make ground and sky glow (sky one is a tad bright though). Was just a test.

That is all...

Really Funny  :nod:  ;7

When could we receive a demo for the modding team with all last updated?
 :shaking:
°(-_-)°

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hum, not perfect. All the ships are too dark. Anyway to highlight them ? (well, I'm not sure if you understand what I mean).

Offline Getter Robo G

Sorry, I keep ambient 87 for ALL mods I build for now (it's a personal preferance).  Plus the sun is on the model's left 90 degress (horizon/defualt) instead of overhead so that might have somethign to do with it. Fighters are already glow mapped. SDF-1 has no glows except for command area window.

It was just a test. Ground was no collide (will have to change that), totally ruins the illusion to pass through it into space.

@ Rowhider - Mod team only demo huh? Well I HAD wanted to finish converting the cityscape (only one office building so far) for a few city battles on Macross Isle or in SDF-1 FIRST...

Plus I want to blow Ontario away! (No offense to Canadians, it's a firepower thing)  :lol:

If I sent ya one of the fighters (or a few variations of the same color like a normal, a strike and a super all white) can you make a gerwalk and battloid out of them?

Once those two models are done a simple rename of the textures will change appearance, it's what I did for the blue Alpha and simply copied the model and named the red and green textures. So it has one model with 3 texture sets.

Opps will have to re-check that, I think they might be different for valkyries. I know all the Strikes are the same as well as the Supers, but not sure if THEY are the same as the other category... Might not be too easy to mix and match parts.

Let me know asap (you're the only modeler I've heard from recently) :D

Offline Getter Robo G

Well.... Looks like 3.6.9 has same token errors as 3.6.7 (for no reason I can understand)

In other words unless 3.6 is still available for DL for teh public I will have to eventually zip up my exact mod build on my HD and upload that WHEN I am ready to release something. (Demo will be held back also till we get new Gerwalks and some kind of Battloids)...

Good news I can do that with Bondango as there is like a 1 gig limit! :D

What I did was take the RT mod folder and plop it into my working 3.6.9 install and chose it with the launcher then ran it... Same old story Token errors though the tables are correct.

If someone who understands the inner workings of the SCP wants to look at them I will post my tables.

In the meantime I'll be working on 2 anime style explosions. They will be VERY cheesy, but that's what this is all about ANIME!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:01:13 pm by Getter Robo G »