Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139600 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Official Robotech Mod Thread
bah, i'm not going back to buggy 3.6.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

If you send me your VF models, i can make a gerwalk: that's not a problem...  ;)

There is an other possibility to make this one: take the transformable VF Fighter from the original mod, and remove the rear of the fighter (Two parts in the model for the transformation).  :pimp:

°(-_-)°

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I just sent you bout 15 files... that should keep you busy for a year or two :)

Prepare to be overwhelmed! :)  :shaking: :nervous: :eek2: :eek: :nod: ;7 :lol:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Rofl, more screens plz?
:lol:
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Rofl, more screens plz?
:lol:

But no rush, I know how annoying this question can be........... :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I just sent you bout 15 files... that should keep you busy for a year or two :)

Prepare to be overwhelmed! :)  :shaking: :nervous: :eek2: :eek: :nod: ;7 :lol:

Lol, just that number ? Wow, Rowhider, you really take your time. ><

Offline Getter Robo G

hehe some of those files have multiple versions with textures of course....

And this time around:

1.) I KNOW he's a modler so he can't say in 7 months (oh sorry, I just fooled around with them but I don't model ) - Chinaman

2.) I will be asking for updates on whatever he chooses to do first and expect some sort of reaonable timetable (taking work and other RL issues into account, this is after all just a hobby).

And don't release any screenies of what you are working on!

Maybe that will get these new posters stirred up for progress and then offer to help :D

Those files are all NEW content that have been sittign on my drive mainly for 2 years cause we had no modlers to work on them!

There are stillplenty of things that need to be made from scratch however.. Like SDF-1 storm attacker (D punch modes).. Trashman had an tragic HD failure and lost all the files before I could get a copy...  :( :( :(  :mad:  :( :( :(
I think he is seriously bumbed so I tried not to bother him too much.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Getter Robo G

BTW, I uploaded an older documentary I had about Macross history. I watch this and get inspired...(mainly for my fanfiction).

This was produced before Macross Zero so enjoy! (the first two parts are relevant to the mod of course, the rest is just info for fun)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq-7g2B-o8g

Offline Getter Robo G

Just had a rather frustrating and puzzling experience.
In short I just screwed up badly.

I transferred all RT data to a folder for 3.6.9  started copyign entries in Nuke's modular tables of ships that work and only change names of ships and .pofs leavign all relevant table info alone!!! That should have prevented token errors, it did not!!! also I started gettign hundreds of them..

Worse, I had previously and without thinking deleted my 3.6 install. Only the data folder remains intact. Probably next week end I will scavenge trek install for teh needed files to rebuild the RT mod install to get up and runing again. I certainly am NOT doing any modding (RT related at least) this week.

Ona brigther note I got teh mod folder to run but strangely enough I started gettign token errors in the weapons table. Ignore and continue and after the 5th or 6th one FS crashes.

So when I use existing workign tables from 3.6.9 (and their weapons) I get ship token errors..  When I use my tables and 3.6 I get weapon token errors.....

Well Rowhider... Looks like you'll be waiting awhile for a demo. This has me wanting to beat my head against the wall.

Offline Getter Robo G

Yeah, just couldn;t stay away long...

Rowhider just sent me the first of the batch I threw at him so I had to test it out.

Presenting fan-made Horizont (ELINT Version), called the REF Hawkeye. And yes the dish rotates. I'm shooting the crap outta it to make sure death doens't cause crash (as sometimes happens with conversions). Engines glows will be fixed when it transfers to the final build of course, a 3.6 thing so they all have it. 

Party on!

So in order: the YF19, The hawkeye (posted by GRG in the precedent post)
The Alpha figher, the Beta fighter and the combo (Legioss)

The fighter is the faster with an high maniability, the Beta: slower and less maniable but with a increased firepower and the Legioss with a speed average and an awesome attack power.
°(-_-)°

Hello! i am new here and a friend let me know about this place.. and i got to say i am very impressed with what i have seen. i DL'd the game and all. still have not got to play it lol now on to my point... i read that you are in need of modelers.. i use 3dsmax to model and if theres anything i can do to help with this wicked looking mod feel free to let me know. i have always been a huge RT/Macross fan and if i cant help i know people that can!
3dsMax User!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
woot, another robotech fan. :D

:welcome:

Argh. I can't think of a welcome speech. XD
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
woot, another robotech fan. :D

:welcome:

Argh. I can't think of a welcome speech. XD

Blah blah, welcome to HLP, Blah, Zods, blah blah, shivans., blah blah, intelligent shade of blue. Beware of carl, blah blah weapons are only for mods blah.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Thanks for the welcome and speech. i have yet to get to read everything on this. so i take it there has not been a release yet?
3dsMax User!

Yo man!  :pimp:
You must take a look there: our official forum
Ask StarDragon, I think than he would be very happy to add a modder to the team  :rolleyes:

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=2

See you later, i'm going in my holydays...
 :P 8) ;7
°(-_-)°

Thanks, i talked to him for a few last week. he is the one that turned me on to FS2. he gave me his msn addy but i cant never catch him on. i'll check that link out now.
3dsMax User!

Offline Getter Robo G

That's cause the elusive Star Dragon is usually working or pased out during the week ;)  I just woke up and after I run some errands, when I get back home tonight I mod straight through till Mon afternoon (with appropriate breaks for sci-fi channel and adult swim shows of course ;) ).

A lot of my mod downtime is spent recruiting, or scouting dozens of other boards...

Just let me get some of this "RoboQuack" out of my blood in a bit and it will be ok... The worse is yet to come.
I talked over some fo my new ideas I got tonight for the RQ effort and suddenly realised that I am diff than most people, that includes people of my usual genres...  Things I wish to try in this "Thing" can actually benefit other works (in theory).

Which is unfortunate, they just don't understand my humor sometimes :P

SteelKiller, welcome!
There is no "official release.  Rowhider and others have worked on files I posessed (or they made themselves) and have doanted them back to me and I plugged them into the mod build (old 3.6).

Last time I made files avaialble was to two individuals and one had to drop out and the other, well, lets say that was a complete waste of time (seven mojnths of stalling, completely opposite of progress reporting).

The mod build is not transferrable to the new ones (yet) soon as I finish a demo build I will ask a comunity member to port it over to 3.6.9  Till then all work funells to me (you can zip/rar them and upload to temp sites or GW itself if needed) so others can get a hold of it.

I'm concentrating on acquiring meshes for now.  Later tables can be balanced (ala) The Robotech Reference Guide (by Artemis Games).

Thanks for the info. let me know if i can help with anything. Star Dragon has my msn addy just get it from him or have him contact me sometime i am always on msn lol   I have helped with the BF1942 TF Mod, UT2k4 TF Mod and TFQ. i am also busy with my developement team on our first title Assault Knights:reign of steel. i am sure i could help with  something. if i cant i have friends that would be willing to help.
3dsMax User!

Offline Getter Robo G

In case you didn't notice I am Star Dragon (look at siggy). Old account problem (myterious).

Anyway, GRG is the Japanese name for the 1976 version. Star Dragon is the Americanized version of the chracter from the show shown on the East Cost circa 1978 called Star Vengers:  Star Dragon (Getter 1, Dragon), Star Arrow (Getter 2, Liger), Star Posiden (Getter 3, ?).

OUT!

neat little intro clip... I despise SRW super deformed style gameplay, BUT love their normal form intros...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbGUGQOZofA