Archived Boards > Mjn.Mixael's Render Boutique

Also a Cloaking Texture Request

(1/3) > >>

Droid803:
Uhm, Hi. :3

I figured I might as well, since everyone's jumping on it. I got a stealth mission coming up for which this will be useful.

Could I get the cloaking effect kinda like this, with cyan/blue hexagons shimmering across instead of the lightning/shield effec. 15 frames at 15 FPS should do it, don't want too many frames, seeing as the cockpit and glass textures at the very least needs fading out in alpha, I don't think they need effects. (don't want to murderize bmpman)

Files are attached, including the pof.
The texture isn't too good, (compression artefacts :( I don't have the original) but I can probably redo the diffuse map alpha-fading if it ever gets upgraded as necessary, its really the glow effect over top that I can't do.

Also, a short looping effect of the same thing passing back and forth would be cool too, though I don't know how it would work on this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/126554/FS2/files_1.rar
textures (including the mediavps ones of the cockpit and glass) are included, as well as a POF.

mjn.mixael:

--- Quote from: Droid803 on June 30, 2011, 09:15:58 pm ---Also, a short looping effect of the same thing passing back and forth would be cool too, though I don't know how it would work on this.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean by that part?

Also, I seem to be a bit confused... Are you saying you can take care of the 15 frame alpha fading? If that is the case, then did you want me to just make the overlay and let you deal with actually overlaying it? Or would you rather I just make it all work?

Droid803:
Uh, instead of just having "nothing" when the ship's in cloaked mode, there would be like a small stripe of the effect that passes across the ship from front to back (and possibly back the other way, but that might take too many frames).

mjn.mixael:
Ok, I'll see what I can come up with... I might be able to finish it by next week.

Droid803:
Thanks again :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version