Archived Boards > Halo for FreeSpace

POLL: What's In A Name?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Devrous:
Yes I do! I'm still working on some hosting and a few other technical issues since I converted from the old FSO to the latest (remember it was originally developed on a version of FSO a few years old). There are a few videos currently in other threads that I'll try to get linked to in one post soon.

I've been working a lot on the intro cinematic lately and will post it when I have it nearer to completion.

SaltyWaffles:
NOTE: It's "Summer's End" not "Summers End". The latter is an actual, grammatically-correct sentence, stating that summers (as in the season "Summer", referred to as a collective plural) always end (because that's what they do).

...which would not make sense as a ship name (or a name in general).

Personally, I'd pick something aside from those four. I'd go with the "Balaclava"--the name of the battle in which the famous Charge of the Light Brigade occurred. Thematically, it fits in line with the canon "Gettysburg" from First Strike (also a frigate), and both featured brave, suicidal charges (that were not intended to be suicidal originally). Though notably, there were a significant number of survivors from the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Devrous:
Thanks for the suggestion!

starlord:
Devrous. Any news of activity on this? What about that intro you're working on?

Devrous:
The intro, yes...my perfectionist self is tripping me up on it as I haven't got it to where I want it. Seeing that it'll be the first folks see I wanna nail it, you know? :P

General status at the moment:
-Getting web space for game files
-Teaching myself texturing with maps not painting it on >.<
-Rewriting mission flow; first stab at it was horrible in my own opinion
-Misc model fixes (infinite holes, invisible faces, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version