Archived Boards > Homeworld: Blue Planet

RELEASE - HWBP Classic Demo

<< < (14/15) > >>

fierceeffect:
is this dead? I really think this is one of the nicest looking HW2 mods out there, and would have great replay value if only it had some deathmatch AI which really tried to fight

MatthTheGeek:
Yeah, officially "indefinitely put on hold" until either I get a massive amount of players wishing for me to continue, or get a massive amount of motivation to continue by myself.

The HW2 community is kinda dead and I'd rather focus on modding projects on the Freespace side, where there will actually be people playing my stuff :/

I've always considered HWBP as a "I've modded HW2 for 8 years and this is what I've eventually produced" kind of last cry before moving to 100% FSO for good. Given the scale of the project, I'm not surprised I only managed to release a tiny demo. Oh well.

Droid803:
well wih2 whenever that comes out might be that massive motivation :P

bigchunk1:
To be fair, what you have done already is pretty good. You have a playable gauntlet mode and all the capships from BP. I have wondered for awahile how freespace would translate to the HW engine and now I'm pretty satisfied. 

James Razor:

--- Quote from: MatthTheGeek on October 14, 2012, 03:51:17 am ---Yeah, officially "indefinitely put on hold" until either I get a massive amount of players wishing for me to continue, or get a massive amount of motivation to continue by myself.

The HW2 community is kinda dead and I'd rather focus on modding projects on the Freespace side, where there will actually be people playing my stuff :/

I've always considered HWBP as a "I've modded HW2 for 8 years and this is what I've eventually produced" kind of last cry before moving to 100% FSO for good. Given the scale of the project, I'm not surprised I only managed to release a tiny demo. Oh well.

--- End quote ---

Actually, for someone like me who has no clue about programming (ok, i got a tiny bit of insight) i found the demo to be a lot of fun and VERY impressive. Also, i showed it a couple of my friends which basicly said the same about it.

Btw.: Did you or anyone else ever consider making a Mod for Sins of a Solar Empire?

EDIT: Ok, i am blind... its just below this thread  :banghead:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version