Author Topic: THE LAST UPDATE  (Read 3784 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I did responded, Mito. The phone tethering didn't work. Maybe it's my PC (no internet connection so no Windows updates). I am using Windows 7, maybe it does not support it. My Samsung phone detected my computer though.

As for the soundtrack list, I don't have one. The In-game soundtracks are all auto-triggered, made the coding myself. The tracks are segmented and mixed from different songs. Example, one soundtrack is a combination of clips taken from Starwolves 2, Freelancer. I mixed and edited the sound clips myself.

Basically, all AFR in-game soundtracks are taken from Starwolves 2, Halo 1 and 2, Freelancer, and the movie Gladiator. Then I named the soundtracks under different names. Two in-game sountracks are from BP, Second Reality and Razor Back. Didn't renamed them.

The briefing and cutscene music are from the movies Battleship, John Carter, from the games Air Conflict Pacific Wars and Secret Wars, and 5 tracks from BP, HumanStep, Freedom, Empire, Liberty, and Aney (Unborn child).

The mainhall music is from the 1986 movie American Anthem but I remade and performed this myself out of memory (keyboard synths, music sequencing, and drum sequence programming) and added some musical segments of own, the piano part.

The credits music is my own song, sang it myself. Copyright 2001.

Check the AFR credits (techroom) it's all there.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh, by the way, Mito.

Do you have an early FSO 3.7.4 version of Warmachine? If not, I can just download the present version and modify the mod to be compatible with 3.7.4. For my own consumption ofcourse. I like to play that mod.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
You may be able to get 1.0.5 warmachine to run on older builds with relatively minor modification. You may hit ship type or weapon typecops, but multi-lock missiles were still an optional package then and I don't recall us using much taht was too cutting edge at the time. 1.1 and on will require 20+ without serious work to carve out new features
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Warmachine is very heavily reliant on many features introduced in modern FSO builds (its author put in some by himself, IIRC) so no, Warmachine will likely work only on recent FSO builds. Sorry.
I have written this before EatThePath responded.

You have responded to my questions about tethering (that is, providing Internet from the phone over cable) but I feel like this is the second time you're completely ignoring my queries about just purchasing a cheap USB WiFi card for a couple bucks that you could plug into your computer, and connect it to any WiFi internet source (like, your phone, from what I understand you can set up a hot-spot on it). Am I missing something?

There are also methods to use a laptop to provide internet to your computer over a crossed Ethernet cable plugged into both of them. I definitely remember doing this back in the day myself, albeit with Linux on the laptop.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Aftermath has always been one of my favourite mods, and whenever I've felt that itch to kick some Shivan ass, I've found myself coming back to AFR on many occasions to do just that. The Avenger missions in particular are awesome for their sheer amount of carnage. Very few campaigns have made me go back so many times to relive those epic moments.  :)

Thank you Herkie for making some fun, kickass content. I hate that I haven't played TBG after the 6th or 7th mission, but I still plan to get back into it, time permitting.  :yes:

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I fell bad that I have missed out on this until now, reading about herkie's retirement.  I think I was afraid of  the length of the campaign, but I missed out on the overpowered part!  Nyctaeus' comment " full badass power fantasy in it's purest form" convinced me to give this a try as soon as I get some free time. Without even playing yet, I appreciate the effort and heart and soul you put into this.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

You have responded to my questions about tethering (that is, providing Internet from the phone over cable) but I feel like this is the second time you're completely ignoring my queries about just purchasing a cheap USB WiFi card for a couple bucks that you could plug into your computer, and connect it to any WiFi internet source (like, your phone, from what I understand you can set up a hot-spot on it). Am I missing something?

Oh WIFI, riding on my neighbor's hotspot. Well, my nearest neighbor is 600 meters away. I don't think the signal can travel that far. And... my neighbors aren't sharing. Practically every house in my area has WIFI internet and they are all locked and they won't give me their passwords. As to having my own internet connection, well... (whispering) I've been "red flagged" by all ISP providers in this city--- non-payment of bills, bad reputation. No ISPs will give me internet subscription. All I have is my phone accessing the net through Prepaid Mobile Network and I have to buy "internet" data to have internet and it's expensive for me.

I don't have a laptop. I am poor, man.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Aftermath has always been one of my favourite mods, and whenever I've felt that itch to kick some Shivan ass, I've found myself coming back to AFR on many occasions to do just that. The Avenger missions in particular are awesome for their sheer amount of carnage. Very few campaigns have made me go back so many times to relive those epic moments.  :)

Thank you Herkie for making some fun, kickass content. I hate that I haven't played TBG after the 6th or 7th mission, but I still plan to get back into it, time permitting.  :yes:

Thanks Colt. You, Mito, Nycs, CT, and Spart_n were all with me in the beginning while developing the Reboot. It was a great ride.

Oh, as for TBG. The campaign will break in Act 4. Wait for my upcoming update. I'm fixing that mod.

EDIT: By the way, TBG is only 38 missions. Very short. And the difficulty factor has been drastically toned down.

PS: I think people misunderstood me thinking that after my last update, it will be my post. What I mean is it will be my last modding endeavor. I'll will still be around in HLP. In fact, I might post some walkthrough videos for TBG in the future.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 08:50:49 pm by herkie423 »

Life is short

Do things you enjoy.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Life is short

Do things you enjoy.

Yes, of course. But for FS2 modding, I'm way too old now.

Offline CT27

Herkie sent me an update on FB he authorized me to post here:

-There will be a small update to how the two versions of AFR are labeled.  What was previously called the 'alternate' version...and was the canon ending for AFR that will lead into TBG...will be called the "Official Version" in the upcoming AFR update.  I don't know yet what Herkie will call the non-canon version.  Herkie said you might need to create a new pilot file when this comes around.

-Herkie told me to specifically post some of these update notes he made for upcoming AFR fixes:

"Player Order Options:
--- I fixed that mistake. There are ships you cannot order especially if you are a merc, a civilian; you can't order military ships. Also in the military or police, you can't just order a whole wing outright, or an entire squadron, or multiple squadrons, or capital ships (expect for special circumstances). Eventually, when your rank goes higher, you get to order an entire task force of cruisers and corvettes and ALL squadrons. This sets the authority you actually have.

Capital Ship Missions Traitor Bug:
--- Auto-turret will actually flag you a traitor. I don't know why this is so. The player doesn't have control of these. I don't have this problem with FSO 3.7.4. I fixed this. All capship missions has the "No Traitor" flag. Now, if you manage to kill friendlies, that's on you. No special debriefs on that matter. But you might actually fail the mission.

Mission: Double Crossed
--- I tried the SEXP "allow treason-true" which is an equivalent to flagging the "no traitor" option because I want the "no traitor" status after a specific event. But it does not work. So I ticked the "No Traitor" in the mission specs  instead. Although, you cannot destroy your companions before the "event."

Mission: Client Rescue
--- I fixed the Denver docking issue. The latest Triton model registered a docking error: wrong docking name (sort of). I had to use the old MVPS 2014 model because that's all I have. I can't use the latest builds and MVPs to fix the model. Yeah, my situation is wierd. I posted something about this in HLP.

Mission: Routine Patrol
--- I fixed the patrol failing error. When the patrol is finished (the 1st message flashing in the HUD), you won't fail. The 1-second delay is gone.

Mission: Turkey Shoot
--- The "formation" fail error is fixed. Immediately when Snipes' chat message saying to "fire at will" shows, player can blast things immediately. No more delay for chat.

Mission: A Case of Dejavu
--- I fixed the "illogical" mission objective of destroying the beam turrets. If you destroy the ship without killing the beams, the mission fails? What? It was ridiculous, I know. A simple fix.

Mission: Keeping Our Gains
--- Protecting the Asura. The friendly cruisers are not rotating to face the target. Now, these assets are fixed in their positions but they still rotate. This is good for fixed artillery strike missions. But newer FSO builds did something to the "Don't Move" option. So I did the fix by adding assets using the same model but have 0 value forward and backward velocities. Plus I used some elaborate SEXPs to do "ship swapping" in the mission. The effect undetectable, you won't see it.

Mission: Convoy Raiders
--- The Capella blowing up instead of jumping out (the mission did not fail) is fixed. By the way, "jumping out" is the proper term. "Warping out" is from Star Trek; the ship accelerating to FTL and not entering a vortex. Actual "warp out" exit is featured in TBG. See video in my previous post.

Grammar Errors:
--- I did many grammar fix. Added or modified some texts to make things clear. However, there will still be more grammatical errors. Most of which I'm not even aware of. I am not a natural-born english speaking person. Sorry."

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I am currently in the process of uploading the updates to my MediaFire account which will be taken down by October because it's a free account and it's 12 years old. MediaFire is urging to me to upgrade for a premium account.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
THE LAST UPDATE RELEASED

The latest and my last update has been released. This is my last modding endeavor because it's been difficult for me to focus and I keep on forgetting things now. Yeah, I am really getting old for this.

However, I will still be around in HLP answering to your questions and giving some hints

Here are the download links:

The Aftermath Reboot Update
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5kw5imma680bs5p/AFR-Update-7-2022.rar/file

The Blue Guardian Update
https://www.mediafire.com/file/afh1zqarzrm5mky/TBG-Update-7-2022.rar/file

Offline CT27

In the TBG download:

The 'missions' and 'root' files were new, but the 'assets' file had the same date as the previous (June) version.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
In the TBG download:

The 'missions' and 'root' files were new, but the 'assets' file had the same date as the previous (June) version.

I have to include the "Assets" file just in case I missed something. My forgetfulness is getting ridiculous.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
New update coming for TBG... stay tuned...