Author Topic: Sins: Rebellion  (Read 5984 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I guess my big question is, once again, how vulnerable is this to long and boring midgames?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
depends on if you are doing single or multiplayer I think. Single can be depending on how you play. Multi usually isn't

It all depends on map size, too.  Larger maps will slow to a crawl, and a map such as Dopplegangers where every player has his own star system will crawl too.  The smaller 1v1, 1v1v1, and 2v2 maps are all pretty small so there's a lot of conflict happening.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I just played a game with my friend on the Huge (Multi) map against six Unfair computer opponents. Let me tell you, it was brutal. We started in the same system, luckily. It was hell to secure just that for ourselves. I was TEC loyalists, he was Vas rebels. And once we purged the comps from our home system, we moved into the 'left' galaxy and found that two CPUs were duking it out there. We took over the planets immediately adjacent to the star and it was my job as the TEC to fortify the area while my friend moved in huge amounts of troops.

The arrangement was magical. The Vas rebels can establish Phase Nodes at each planet that let you travel anywhere in the star system, so long as the recipient planet also has a Phase Node. I was able to manufacture ships all across my empire and warp them directly to the star where my friend had a starbase with the Phase Node upgrade. Since the TEC loyalists are specialized for defense, I unloaded TWO starbases in each system as we conquered, essentially making it impervious to anything but a determined counter attack. It took us three days to finally capture the second star system and by then we were ready to invade the final star system. Two days later, we took that as well. We're both taking a break for a while but OH MY GOD that was fun.

If we have a Hamachi or other direct tunnel service, I would love to play with you guys via LAN.

Midgame is pretty frantic depending on your location. I was sandwiched between two AI and had to constantly make choices: build ships, or research? I usually chose ships to hold the fort while my friend researched the really heavy hitting ships and soon he sent in a huge fleet to relieve me. It's pretty amazing.

If any of you haven't bought this game yet, do so. It's selling comparably cheaper than a lot of big titles. Last I checked, Steam had it for $40.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Beskargam

why hamachi and not do the game over the internet?

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Well in my case I often use Hamachi because it stops me having to work out and forward the ports for various games that I want to play.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Sins doesn't actually need port forwarding, and hasn't for a while.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Beskargam

and they have this thing called alloy that you can clink on to help with hosting. For that matter I'd be willing to host a game
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:33:07 pm by Beskargam »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Just bought the game.
Anyone want to face a bunch of Unfair (or harder) AIs? :P

If not I could always bother my IRL friends.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Just bought the game.

Yo sup I can prolly play it with you
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie

I have issues with latency when playing over the internet. My friends get it too, so we moved to direct tunnel programs like Hamachi. And we really only play with each other anyway, so it's easier to use a small program like that

. <--- There it is.

Offline Beskargam

Just bought the game.

I would play

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Droid, Hades, Beskargam, if you folks are willing to run Hamachi, I'll join you. I just tried another internet game with my friends and my ping was astronomical, leading to a crash a few minutes in. Reloaded in Hamachi, and we ran fine.

. <--- There it is.

Offline Droid803

I keep getting a MiniDump error on single player. It may have been in a 10-player (9 Unfair AI) FFA, but I even gave the game up to 4GB of VMem and it was only using about 1GB of RAM >.> I set its processor affinity to the first two cores as well... (Meaning I've basically followed all the known crash solutions), but I still get the MiniDump crash, 100% reproduce able on loading of the save file.

ARGH.

ANyhow, I do have Hamachi. You have a channel for this?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Beskargam

what exactly do I need to do to get hamachi up and running?

Offline Droid803

Just go download an install it, and then we a channel is created (by someone), they'd (presumably) put the info up here and you'd join it.
Then you can see whovere's hosting's IP as if they were on your LAN.
(´・ω・`)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I set up a Hamachi channel.

Server ID: SinzReb
Password: hardlight

Note that since I'm not buying a subscription the room can hold only 5 people.

. <--- There it is.

Offline Droid803

joined!
will probably be able to play a game in 2 hours or so (gotta go for lunch)

If we have more than 5 we can always set up another channel, and have the host be in both. I think that works.
(´・ω・`)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Hopefully. Sorry for the delay, I've been doing yard work. Blackberry bushes have grown large enough that I can bring out the machete. :]

. <--- There it is.

Offline Droid803

I'm okay anytime, just message me on hamachi or something.
(´・ω・`)