Author Topic: [WIPs] Duat/some rocks double progress thread  (Read 23458 times)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Re: [WIPs] Duat/some rocks double progress thread
Hokey since I will not be 100% done in time its missing debris, lods1,2,3,4, complete animation table to the mining sequence and the laser itself.
Will be releasing this detail0 version + completed textures and docking/undocking animation to ore canister. I'll resume work on this model after the competition is done.

Download

[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Well yes, blue is indeed present in the Vasudan color palette ... although it's almost always been in the form of lights, not paint. And teal I'm not so sure about? There was some very dull teal on your upgraded Osiris, but I don't remember if it was like that on the original.

Still, since it's a "civilian" ship, maybe that's justification enough for a more colorful paint job.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
The osiris teal was directly taken out from the retail map from the orginal, I can't recall if FSU did a "mediavp" version of it.
And yes I agree the blue was present as lights, mostly. But I'll bring the anuket and setekh as examples where they use a dark blue. 
My models page:

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
What strikes me the most is not the blue but the yellow. I agree that industrial equipment usually comes in super-saturated yellow, but I feel it's a bit too strong of a contrast with the rest of the model. Otherwise, a very nice model and texture, I'm sure you'll get the price for the contest.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
yea, if i were to choose this model would win, hands down
it's something unique (i'm already having an idea how to abuse the mining laser) and the texture quality is just Oddgrim-like awesome
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Great job man :yes:. I found blue painting pretty good and original. 8129x8129 texures are killing my PCS2 :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Oddgrim, we're into the final day of the competition. Any changes you've made have to be in by midnight tonight (GMT, just under 22.5 hours from now), or we'll have to judge based on the earlier release.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
The beauty of your two ships can make a grown man cry. Me? My eyes are just sweating.

Seriously though, you make some of the best ships I have ever seen. We could all take a lesson from you.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Thanks!

Oddgrim, we're into the final day of the competition. Any changes you've made have to be in by midnight tonight (GMT, just under 22.5 hours from now), or we'll have to judge based on the earlier release.

Duat.0.2 Download

Here it is, as completed I can manage, it has destructible subsystems and a functional animation with the asteroid  provided in the download. (Only missing debris, lods and the mining laser is nonfunctional.)
My models page:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Sry to drag this one form oblivion

But is there a more complete version (at least with debris) out and downloadable by now?

(I've settled on the Nhu for the roster of my T-V-era frighter for Of Shivans and Men; so adding the Duat too is only logical and convinient)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
:bump:

If not I'll do LODs and debris myself, I just finished doing so for the Bes.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
:bump:

If not I'll do LODs and debris myself, I just finished doing so for the Bes.

I see the bump, and didn't I make lods for the bes?
My models page:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Come to think of it, I think it did have LODs... Just missing debris. I made them for the most recent release.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
huh you are correct, wonder why I didn't make debris for it. :s
My models page: