Author Topic: do you guy's need a N-1 starfighter?  (Read 6603 times)

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
do you guy's need a N-1 starfighter?
Presenting the Star Wars E1 Nabbo N-1 starfighter!

Pics hosted by FreeTerran thanks dude

Anyway I hope to texture some today, maybe even get it done.

I still need to do LOD 2 & 3 and debris. Texturing shouldn't be that hard. The things yellow and silver!
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Hey that's quite good! :yes:

Trouble is I don't think this mod is going to be Ep1 based.:D

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yep, that's correct Petrarch - nice model and all, but we're concentrating on Original Trilogy ships for the moment. That said, if you wanted to make a mod set, or even a single fully completed mod for Ep 1 ships, I'm sure Karma could set something up to combine the two mods.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
Yep, that's correct Petrarch - nice model and all, but we're concentrating on Original Trilogy ships for the moment. That said, if you wanted to make a mod set, or even a single fully completed mod for Ep 1 ships, I'm sure Karma could set something up to combine the two mods.

hey, n/p. just wondering if you ppl needed one or were lookin'.

*cough* Ep I-II Expansion pack/Add-on *cough*

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
*sneeze* Not really enough to really justify an add on pack just yet *sneeze* ;)

Ultimately, yes, we will hopefully be able to put ships from the prequels in, but that is a long way off into the future. If however, a few other people wanted to spend a few months busting out these mods, then they could release them as a prequel pack or I'm certain Karma would take the mods and integrate them as a part of the SW TC. For now though, we haven't got a mod (though we're close to some kind of demo release, though that will depend on how fast Karma and Tomcat can texture their respective capships (Corellian Corvette and ISD)), so an expansion pack would be kind of... standalone?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
what BW said:)
very nice ship btw, just too poly wasted on r2 compared to the rest of the ship:)

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
Originally posted by KARMA
what BW said:)
very nice ship btw, just too poly wasted on r2 compared to the rest of the ship:)

the engines are probibly more polys. And you gave me an idea. I think I'll take off the droid socket to make it more FSy.;7

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Always, ALWAYS use Geospheres for low poly models. You get the same profile for half the polycount.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Trouble is I don't think this mod is going to be Ep1 based

Who knows, the Rebels could have got their hands on a couple of old Naboo starfighters.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Unlikely that they would use them. The N-1's are probably outclassed by even the Rebel Y-Wings, never mind the cutting-edge X-Wings.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Tar-Palantir

Who knows, the Rebels could have got their hands on a couple of old Naboo starfighters.

No way, the rebellion was not interested in such an old technics ... even the Y-wings weren't exist at the time of Episode 1. The N1 is basically ONLY a Naboo starfighter. But I don't know anything if there were any contacts between the Rebellion and the Naboo. Perhaps Mothma has done something ....
but I think it the N1 has no use for the alliance.

[Subjective opinion! Cease your fire!]
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The N-1's were not really combat craft even in Ep1. If the droid fighters had human pilots, the N-1s would've been decimated before they got anywhere near the droid control ship.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
If the Naboo pilots had been decimated, than nobody would have bought the film. Simple reason. Do not seek the 'why was the Trade Federation defeated' question's answer in the droid/human pilot. Droid pilots are surely better computer controlled, and otherwise those droids are not the Ai of FreeSpace :ick
Would you think in a REAL battle the Rebels would have had anything called 'odds' in the attack of Endor? I don't think so. It is just a film, unrealistic, and is controlled by the mind of the storywriter(in case of SW, we all know who that is)

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I was just pointing out how crappy the N-1 is in combat.

--General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
An old boat ... and 'civilian' only for homeguard purposes.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
heh, any of you ever fly one?  Obviously, Rogue Squadron (the N64 game) isn't a wonderful reference as its not exactly canon in several respects, but just because a fighter is old doesn't make it obselete.  2 laser cannons and a bank of torpedoes, I'd say it still makes for a viable interceptor/superiority fighter.  ;)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Perhaps, but it's so limited in its deployment. If it's manufactured in limited numbers exclusively for the Naboo RSF, it makes far more sense to use a mass-produced efficient military model by Incom or Sienar. It would be like issuing handcrafted .357 Magnums to troops instead of Desert Eagles. Sure, it's a superior weapon, but the logistics and expense don't work out.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
True, but is that a reason not to use the fighter at all?  Theres no reason why a few couldn't be used by a few elite pilots (hint: Alpha 1).  ;)

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Thus leading to the inevitable question of why give an elite pilot an inferior craft?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat