Author Topic: Joystick problem  (Read 2496 times)

im running the hotu version of fs2 and for some reason its not detecting it

i downloaded everything from the ftp including two reg files which i put into the fs2 foldier and activated which might be the problem and i downloaded the things to make the exe and the root vp to 1.2 which might be the problem to so i deleted the game and put back in but my previous settings are still there and in my controls it still has my joystick axis settings in but wont work

any help would be appreciated

(Also my joystick is a sidewinder precision 2 which might be a compatability problem)

shouldnt be a compatibility problem, since thats the same joystick I use. Other than that, I cant help.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

well i just checked the registry of the game and i says theres no joystick (using scp before the reinstall) and it said 0 near the joystick part  even though i have the joystick down in the launcher configuration now i dont know how to make it read the joystick but if anyone knows....

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hmmm. I've seen this one a couple of times now. Looks like MS have changed something else like with the weird afterburner bug that was coming up a while back.

FS2_open has a force joystick option that you might want to try. Beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

BTW has the HotU build been put back up? I'm seeing a lot of new members appearing again asking HotU questions and I'd like to make any updates I need to to the FAQ. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

yeah its been backup for quite awhile probally due to that limited release that was  done with
and where is that force joystick option? :confused:
its probally something im over looking
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 02:46:24 pm by 1963 »

It;s in FS_open, the source code edited version of FS, also called the SCP.

[scp][/scp]
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Go to the joystick tab in the launcher and choose Force 0 or Force 1. Might make a difference. If it doesn't post again and hope Random Tiger sees it :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

YES!:D

The force option worked

Thanks!

Please walk me through this. I found the Joystick tab in my steam/FS2 file and neither option worked to have my Knossos media VPN versions recognize my joystick.

Online Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs, but make sure the joystick is plugged in before starting Knossos otherwise it won't detect it.

Then click on the settings icon (top right hand corner - looks like a cog). Then click on the joystick dropdown menu. If Knossos is detecting it then it should appear as an option. If the drop down displays 'no joystick' then it hasn't seen it. In which case you will need help from someone more technically minded than me  :p

Best of luck :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]