Author Topic: [FA] C3M9A  (Read 7178 times)

Offline Luigi30

I tried to add another nebula and FRED crashed with a table error.

Offline Luigi30

Updated. Would it be bad for continuity if I voice acted the briefing?

It depends on your age, and subsequent deepness of voice. Go for it, if you want. That'd be a quality addition, if you do it right. :)

Offline Luigi30

I've been told on IRC that I "spontaneously grew a sexy voice" in the past year.

Offline Luigi30

C3M9A with voiced briefing and debriefings, here, in VP form

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll give this one a try later today.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay. I tested the mission and although it's not bad it does need a fair bit of work at the moment.

[List=1]

• You might want to remove the helios bombs from the mission (Leave them in for now actually. It makes it much easier for me to find bugs when I have them!). Helios bombs are very special issue. Due to the fact that I had them I was able to screw up the mission in a surprising large number of ways. I could have probably done them without the helioses though. Anyway these need fixing

a) If you blow up the Apos (possible with Cyclopses too) the game complains that the Ravana blew it up (even though it's not present). You need to check when the Apos was killed. It's very easy for a player (and his wingmen!) to get carried away and blow up something that they were meant to disable.

b) I disabled the Ravana too (and then blew it up). Oddly enough I never saw the ravana fire at the Apos a single time. The Ashema and the Apos are both on the same team. It's probably a good idea to assign all of the Apos' forces as neutral and the Ravana as hostile. That would ensure that the Ravana fires at the Apos. (Unless the problem is firing angles!).

• The reccomendation in the third debrief stage is not really needed. If the player has managed to defeat the Ravana's fighters then there is no need to warn him to just fight the fighters. Reccomendations should only be used when the player has failed somehow.
  • Are you using FRED2_Open for this mission? If so why are you using beam-free-all still? Just go to mission specs and turn it on by default for all ships
  • You've ticked all teams at war but I see no neutral or unknown ships present. If you have neither you don't need it (and only sometimes even if you do).
  • I found the mission pretty hard in the Boanerges (except when I cheated and used Helioses).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]