Author Topic: linux resolution?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
hi does any one know how i can change the resolution of fs on linux at the moment it doesnt fit on my screen , would like to set it to 1400x900 if possible , any help would be great
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
change the rez in ~/.fs2_open/fs2_open.ini (or something like that)
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline captain-custard

thanks , for the second time but still confused i cant find anywhere to mark this and how i mark it , any linux ppl out there who can give me an example of the txt / script
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
.fs2_open.ini (just the first two lines):
Code: [Select]
[Default]
VideocardFs2open=OGL -(1280x1024)x32 bit

Offline captain-custard

mmmmm maybe im being thick but cant find the .ini file in the folder ,do i create a txt file n save as .ini or should it be there? sorry for the dumb questions

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Do you get any warnings/errors if you start the game from command line? ~/.fs2_open/fs2_open.ini should be created automatically the first time you start the game.

You could try "find / -name fs2_open.ini" as root, to see if it got created to some weird place (dunno why that would happen though).