Author Topic: Telgorn Delta Class DX-9 Stomtrooper Transport  (Read 22186 times)

Offline newman

Telgorn Delta Class DX-9 Stomtrooper Transport
..or TRN, for veteran X-Wing and Tie Fighter gamers. Here's what it looked like back then:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delta-class_DX-9_stormtrooper_transport

(yea that was quite good in those days)
Some time ago, quite by accident, I ran into this: http://www.starwarsmodels.com/troop.html
I simply loved the re-imagined transport, and immediately thought of fotg. A few emails/IRC chats later, I confirmed that if I made it, fotg would use it, and Mark Kozik, the author of the redesign, gave his blessing as well (thanks Mark!). This was almost a year ago.. what can I say. Been busy with real life and Diaspora, building this on the rare occasion I could spare a moment or two. And, here are the results:

Note that the stormtrooper in the image isn't mine, I yanked it off here. Just here for scale reference. Anyway, apart from a few tweaks it's mostly done. Those rebel scum won't be able to hide for much longer..

Also, here's the original author's page featuring the transport model kit:

http://www.angelfire.com/art/zarkus/Transport.html
http://www.angelfire.com/art/zarkus/Transport2.html

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Re: Telgorn Delta Class DX-9 Stomtrooper Transport
That looks really nice.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
This is a great day for the Empire.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
AT-AT, space version. :D
(seriously, they're the same size, check that wiki)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline newman

Yep. Remove engines, add legs, it's an AT-AT. Well, almost. Which is partly why i love the design :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I hope it gets painted? I mean, I love Imperial Gray as much as the next Sith, but surely SOME color wouldn't be amiss.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline newman

I hope it gets painted? I mean, I love Imperial Gray as much as the next Sith, but surely SOME color wouldn't be amiss.

Maybe a variant with all the colors of the rainbow, with the title "Stormtrooper pride" on the nose? :D
Seriously tho this is just your basic imp version. Certain color schemes, even a rebel captured version, are a possibility. If you check it out in Tie Fighter they got color schemes that almost look like ww2 battleship camo. Maybe something along those lines.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
I'm a big fan of keeping Imperial ships their standard imperial grey colours.  Rebel and pirate versions of course might have colour added.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Geez, it doesn't have to get a full paint job. I just meant adding some little touches, like warning stripes around the missile ports or serial numbers stenciled on the side.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Frankly I always thought the warning stripes looked way out of place
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
And Brandified!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
YESSSS!!!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline newman

Hey, thanks for that render brand, I like the look of that :)

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Thanks, I made a couple small adjustments.  I lightened up the grey a little, and added the paint scratches along the corners into the normal map, as well as tweaking the normal map a little, making the panel lines a little more subtle

Best. Transport. Ever.

(The others are nice too, but...)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Woo! Is this converted and ready to go?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline newman

Woo! Is this converted and ready to go?

Being worked on by zookeeper now, afaik.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
yet another commercial grade piece of work there brand  :yes2:  :yes: keep it up
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Shade

It would be, except brand didn't make it :p Unless you were referring to the render of course, which is indeed beautiful.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Man! you guys make some pretty good looking models.

How do you acomplish that high quality felling from the textures? ... I sure could use some pointers on how to texture properly myself.
el hombre vicio...