Author Topic: Mando's work in progress list  (Read 14647 times)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Mando's work in progress list
Big improvement.  I'd say those two rectangle greebles on each side of the engine could probably be handled by texture instead of actual model though.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
It's too bad it's the wrong time period, that ship you have labeled as "thranta" is pretty cool.

Also, the wiki says "thranta" is a type of flying animal native to Alderaan, and what you have there is the Hammerhead-class cruiser.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
eh, sorry you are wrong, it is the Thranta- corvette, there are actualy 2 ships of the name http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thranta-class_Republic_Corvette if you google it there are newer pics that I used for ref as well, and it is also in the new TOR game

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Bwaaa????

I expected there would be a disambiguation page  :blah:

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok, so three more pics of the scimitar, I am still awaiting approval from brand, but hopefully this is the finished mesh, I ahve made several changes, hopefully for the better, and I cannot wait to let my skinner get his hands on it. also, I will be gone for a few days, so hopefully my skinner will have the skin for me byy the time I get back

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
I am back in town, so expect more new stuff, and I am still hoping on final comments on the scimitar from brand-x or bob, before I send it to my skinner

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
I did, but nobody showed me till after I had already done most of the ship, but I did incorporate several of the design changes into my model

I think they should be included, because they would be in employment of some backwater systems, who 'd be flying them because they have nothing else available and couldn't afford new stuff. That's just too good work to go to waste. However, that's not my decision to make.  Final decision rests with the team. @mandobardanjusik, please keep them someplace, once the first versions of "Fate of the Galaxy" is launched, you could mod them in, if the team thinks they shouldn't be part of the "Fate of the Galaxy".
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

At the very least, unused models can definitely be uploaded to fsmods or another place and listed in the wiki, that would be very helpful for many, i'm sure. I like the designs too, don't let them go to waste!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
don't worry you guys, all of these were created for various RTS reasons, so they will get used, however, there is a high possiblity most of them can get used in this mod itself

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
the scimitar skinning has begun, have 2 pics for you guys, expect more soon, most of the stuff so far is for the normal map

Looking good. The panel on the side could respond more to the geometry. Where the torpedo launcher is, the panels just sort of intersect it. Try making the lines go around the torpedo tube.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ummm, bobb, those are the repulsorlift generators, the torpedo launchers and proton bomb/thermal detonater are the items on the bottom of all those boxes(boy one slavo from this could proably take out the engine section of a nebulon-b!), but I get the idea
also, 2 more pics

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:12:41 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok decided to do the LODs real quick, posting em for zoo to see

update: changes recomended by zoo taken

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:03:00 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
my UV map for brand, I will be the first to admit I am not the best uv mapper

addition: ok so I talked to brand about and apparently I need to remap it, and I will, but first I need help, I need a new back. I am considering using fractual sponges, as it is proably the best lookinh, but mine will only have ONE engine but I could just modify what he has to a single engine config. so I will see what I can do later, but again if anyone else has any ideas tell me.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:32:40 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok I have made a new scimitar back based off of fractual sponges artwork, I may add a few more greebles here and there, but this is most of it

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
thought I would show you guys my pursuer patrol craft, yes it does need a little fixing, and altered propotions, and maybe a few more details, but thought I would show it. some of you may rember it from XWA, or dark empire http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pursuer-class_enforcement_ship

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok redid the scimitar Uc, both to repriotize, and I had to uv the new back as well

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok, I am messing with the uv some more, then I am going to try skinning this thing again
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:01:14 am by mandobardanjusik »