Author Topic: Dagger Starfighter  (Read 26266 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
ya well you could say the same thing about the TIE interceptor ;) and I only know of one ship capable of that, the Basilisk wardroid, though sadly I highly doubt us seeing that ingame any time soon

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok so I have got some big news. the other night, with Some help from Thaeris, I have essentialy, remade and reimagined the dagger. it is now much better and cooler looking, and looks more starwarsish. note its still a WIP, but I think this is a better version

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Good. Really good. Though the cockpit looks too small.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
actualy it fits well, considering the fact that it is 14meters long, thats longer than an x-wing, however it isnt done and does need a tad bit of tweaking, and the exterior isnt done, but I did put a realitive scaling figure in it

The cockpit does need to be integrated more. Right now you've got the fuselage, and you have the cockpit stuck on the front. The easiest way to fix it would be to scale the cockpit up so that it wraps around the to the sides of the ship, much like the engine intakes do right now. You won't even need to do some boolean compound thing. Just drag the back of the cockpit past the halfway mark on the fuselage, then cap it.

And you're right about it feeling more like a SW starship. It's looking good.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok took bobbs iddea, gave it a try, though I am going to hopefully walk with him a bit about it tomorrow, as it needs some more tweaking  

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That makes a significant difference, for the best at that.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Much better. It looks much more "balanced" in terms of proportions.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
I managed to catch Brand, and I got some advice from him, and using that, I did a partial redesign of the engine intake, and I believe it fits in better, and looks better, hope you guys think so too(and brand I fixed that other issue as well)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes, it does fit better. It looks really good now, keep up the good work.  :yes:

Offline CaptJosh

I really like the new cockpit. It blends with the silhouette of the ship much better than before. This is really shaping up. Nice to see that Brand isn't having to do all the models now. It always seemed like, even with his amazing skill, that he could use someone to share the modeling load with.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well there has been Bobb, and a couple of other guys, including axem have helped out here and there. and I have been modeling for a bit now, I am just new to this engine and communitty. also good news I managed to pull a favor on getting the scimitar and warpod textured. hopefully they will be good enough

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok a couple more changes

also I am pretty sure when I get around to texturing  I want to do a variation with correllian colors(white and green) I mean, what better ship for guys who dont care about the odds   :lol:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've found a ship on Wookiepedia which fits Dagger's design quite well: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/V38_assault_fighter
V38 Dagger sounds quite good, and it seems it wasn't a part of TIE series. It's also very similar to the TIE Phantom, yet also quite different.
Since fitting a cloaking device to such an old ship would require extensive overhaul, TIE Phantom looks noticeably different than V38.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
dragon, we made that connection on page 1 I think, not to be rude
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:40:06 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Oh, right, sorry. Silly me. :)
It was a long time ago, and I forgot (it's mentioned about once in the entire thread).

Offline -Norbert-

At least twice for sure. Once when he wrote the first draft of the backstory and a second time when I build a bit on that :P

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well, its back, I may not have heard from brand yet, however after talking to swash I have decided to go ahead and try uving and texturing it  (again). so here are some new pics

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok thought a small update here might be nice, I finished the uv map a couple weeks ago, however the texture is kinda just sitting, becuase I dont have a clue what direction to go in detail wise, yes it is a TIE predecssor, however designing an entire detail setup from scratch is no easy task

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok good news, I managed to do some talking, and I am now getting some help from Black Wolf, now there is still plenty of work left but here is a nice look so far