Author Topic: Status?  (Read 6803 times)

This project is one of the most awaited ones I think.

But progress seems to be slow for the last months (?)

Can you tell us something about the status of the mod?

Offline Something

• Will Voice act for any mod
They've always said "when it's done." I doubt the answer will change.
Done voice work for :
TBP Relic mini-campaign - Released
Warzone Campaign
Olympus Burning

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
hm..."...when done it is..." would be a nice variation and give a Star Wars-ish feeling. Maybe with the addition of "...patience the young padawan needs..."

:P

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It's a bloody fan-made project. Made by people in their own free time. By definition, it can't physically have a reliable release date, unless the project is becoming very close to release. "When it's done" is the answer you'll get from every respectable project around here and everywhere in the internet. Deal with it.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Progress slow? Not really, we've made lots of progress lately, but frankly new things are pretty rarely announced here on the forums unless they're something really major or something that's very easy to showcase, such as a new ship. There's not much to tell about mission tweaks, balance work, individual effects, slightly updated textures, and other minor features.

I like to think that we're just so busy doing stuff that there's not much time left for PR. :D

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I just wish one of our members was a Final Cut expert.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
There's progress. That's all I can say. ISD2 is still being worked on. Plus things you can see in the forums.

Offline -Norbert-

To be fair, he did NOT ask for a release date, he asked for a status.
As in "what is done, what remains to do".... though I agree that the comment about the slow progress wasn't exactly the best way to ask.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
A new Corellian Corvette seems to be the most glaring thing that needs doing. ISD also needs to be finished. And there's no Mon Calmari cruiser in sight.
Fighters are pretty much done, and there's plenty of transports in the mod.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Progress slow? Not really, we've made lots of progress lately, but frankly new things are pretty rarely announced here on the forums unless they're something really major or something that's very easy to showcase, such as a new ship. There's not much to tell about mission tweaks, balance work, individual effects, slightly updated textures, and other minor features.

I like to think that we're just so busy doing stuff that there's not much time left for PR. :D

Personally, I find even just reading about a few of those little details to be neat.

Well, that´s good news. And I really didn´t ask for a release date for sure. Keep up the good work.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I love this project, hell a few of their major contributers are Freespace gods. Brandx by reputation and Bobbtmann by both reputation and joint colaboration efforts are stupendous asset builders. I'm sure there are others but if the rest of the projet is half as good as what I've seen from those two it will be more than worth the wait by far.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
How do you know he's talking about you ? That's quite preposterous ! :p

DERP

* MatthTheGeek needs to lrn2read

To note : posting when just waking up might lead to silly posts

Please disregard :p
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:50:47 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline -Norbert-

I love this project, hell a few of their major contributers are Freespace gods. Brandx by reputation and Bobbtmann by both reputation and joint colaboration efforts [...]

I have no idea how Bobbtmann got the idea that Bryon was talking about him  :P

On the topic of status (as I did not think this warranted it's own thread), I have noticed there are a lot of "attachments deleted by Basterd" in many of the threads.  Who is Basterd and why are things getting deleted?

Sorry if I missed something in my absence.  The harddrive went belly up on my in october and I just now got it back online two days ago.

Offline newman

It's just attachments getting auto deleted after a while. The forum doesn't have infinite storage space, so old attachments need to be deleted to make room for the new ones. Best way to insure that awesome pic you uploaded will still be in the same thread after a year is to upload it to an image hosting service that will keep it for as long as you want them to, and hotlink that instead.

"Basterd" is just a joke. Made by someone who can't spell "Bastard", apparently :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Or a Tarantino fan. :p

Offline newman

Sounds plausible :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
I've learned newman, I now link unless I am in a rush. hey and I have been attempting to get something completed and ingame for the past 5 months ;) being weak in uving and texturing does not help