Author Topic: Unable to start?  (Read 1507 times)

So I got past the black vanishing prompt with the /gosnojoystick added to the path, but once the menu appears it is completely unreadable, bunch of odd shapes, like a graphic card failure. Using win 7 64, set compatability mode to win xp sp2, Have an onboard intel graphics card and a secondary Nvida GTX 680. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi,

That's quite a strange problem...
I can run MCO fine on a Windows 7 Professional (x64), with both an integrated and a connected video adapter to choose from. However, I use ATi adapters, so things might work differently.
There should be a file in the MCO installation folder that you can edit to change resolution settings, from what I remember (don't have full access to my Windows stuff right now...).

So you think changing the resolution in the file may help? It looks like artifacting, but I had this same issue with Mechcommander 2, but the difference being that /gosnojoystick worked for MC2, but not for this. Just out of ideas and I will see what I can find about the resolution. Native is 1920 x 1080. Thanks so much for the reply though!

Offline magic

Ravenlynn, what is your desktop resolution?

This happens when Y of your desktop resolution is below 768.

MCO will automatically select your desktop resolution (if supported, if not closest supported).
It works fine under win7 32 and 64. Do not select compatibility mode.

Supported resolutions are:
1920x1080
1680x1050
1600x1200
1440x900
1366x768
1280x1024
and 1024x768

Older resolutions 800x600 and 640x480 are no longer supported (If you use one of those the menus will be... ).

And MCO has problems with newer intel integrated graphic cards.
It is tested with both AMD and Nvidia cards and works without problems in supported resolutions.

Try to change your desktop resolution to one from the list above.

It works just fine without any settings for me (win 7 64bit Ultimate, Nvidia GTX580, 1920x1080)
 :nervous: