Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

BETA RELEASE: Wing Commander Saga for FSO

<< < (17/21) > >>

Admiral Nelson:
It looks at how many mines you have expended, not how many are in the mission.  Here is a small video, you see it at the end.  Just select a porcupine bank and press launch 4 times. Not sure why the sound is screwy.

kylekatarn77:
Thank you guys but nope, just tried another 2 times but still not working.

SL1:
This is a minor thing, but is there a way to make the target monitor the same color as the rest of my HUD? The ingame settings don't work. It just stays green.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out myself. Just had to go into hud_gauges.tbl and remove the Color section from the Target Monitor gauges. I actually had the same problem when I first installed the lead sight mod for FS2 - it was stuck on green and wouldn't change. The fix was the same as it was here, remove the Color section. One thing I'm not sure how to fix, though: The target monitor zooms in a bit too close when targeting a fighter, so the whole model doesn't fit inside the square. A minor annoyance at most, but it would still be nice to fix it.

I also figured out how to re-enable the blue flash for shield damage. Simple edit of the game_settings.tbl for $Generic Pain Flash Factor and $Shield Pain Flash Factor. In fact, once I figured it out, I went and added it to regular FS2 as well. If nothing else, at least I'm learning some stuff about modding Freespace.

How hard would it be to make some other Saga mods work with Saga for FSO? These two would be great for making something from the WC1 or WC2 era:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94984.0
https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/wing-commander-saga-klavs-ship-pack.28782/

Admiral Nelson:
Woolie's mod throws an error I have not encountered before; I will eventually figure it out.  I have a pack including Klav''s stuff cleaned of errors largely ready, but I need to first finish my current project.

Woolie Wool:
My mod was made for Wing Commander Saga Prologue, which is almost completely different internally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version