Author Topic: New FRED2 build - 20050630  (Read 7144 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
New FRED2 build - 20050630
-nowarn IIRC but it's generally a really bad idea to use it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
No, that isn't recognized. I will search around the wiki and see if I can find it.

[edit] The wiki command line says it is -fred_no_warn, but that isn't it either. Simply -no_warn doesn't give any unrecognized option error so that might be it, but it doesn't do anything.

I would like to fix the table "error" but as I said before, it's impossible to do that at the moment. I looked over the debug message again and looks like $Stealth is just not in the debugger's list of valid flags at the end of a ship entry, which is really an issue with the debugger.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:07:55 am by 296 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
My FAQ says no_warn and I remember checking my facts when I wrote that piece of info. Either the function is broken or has changed its name.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
You're thinking of the FRED command line to stop it from complaining if the player ship is a capship,

Try "-noparseerrors", that will restore lax table parsing. Still, like Goober says it's best to actually fix the problem; fs2_open has some minor order-correction stuff in the parsing code but I wouldn't trust it.

The problem you're having is that there's actually a ":" after "$Stealth" in the code. It should really be a ship flag, and not an extra tag, but for now, if you add the : onto the end of your stealth it should work. If not, post the three entries ($Stealth, entry before, entry after) with the data and that should help it get debugged. If you have any outrageous comments that totally spoil your campaign's ending you can go ahead and remove them. :p
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 04:31:24 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That colon seems to have done the trick nicely. Thanks. If it needs the colon though, how come it doesn't complain about the original $Stealth flags for the Pegasus and Ptah?

I was using this stealth feature for the polaris pylons, those framework pieces Dark made that have been around since FS1. These things are generally used in large numbers and I don't want them cluttering up the radar and target list.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:17:22 pm by 296 »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Because they both have the : on the end. :p

Apparently it's a voltion thing :wtf: :sigh:
-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Might be nice to make it more user-friendly though.  What about changing the string check to accept both "$Stealth:" and "$Stealth"?