Author Topic: weapon models  (Read 34238 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
this thread has all information needed on how to activate all the features
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Lynx

The build CTDs for me if a ship has more than one yes in the $Show weapon models or whatever it's called.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
for primary weapons, secondary, or both?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Lynx

Secondaries. Haven't tried primaries.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
does it crash during the inital load (before pilot selection)?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Lynx

Yeah, before pilot selection. IIRC Nuke reported the same, so I don't think it's a table error on my side.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
post the offending entree.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Lynx

The tables(WCS mod tables) worked up to now without any problems. This is the only thing I changed:

$SBank Capacity: ( 40, 20, 20 )
$Show Weapon Models: ( yes, yes, yes )
$Shields: 200

Nothing was changed in any table, except that red entry above entered for only one particular ship in ships tbl.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
OH!
found it!
it was checking how many primary weapons the ship had when it should have been checking secondarys, I wasn't able to find this before because I was checking ships with the same or larger number of primaries as secondaries

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater/fs2_open_r_wm.zip this buld has been updated.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:20:06 pm by 57 »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That mix-up happens a lot, doesn't it Bob? :p
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
more oftine than I'd like.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Raptor
Just as a point of infomation, I did hi-poly versions of the Hornet, the Trebuchet, and two Shivan Missiles (hornet and treb counterparts).  I mapped+textured both the Hornet and the Treb, then passed the whole lot to Lighty.

This development might get me to finish off that project, and get those bombs done.  They were the main reason I started doing hi-poly warheads.

Good thing you're doing that. Cyclops and Helios look HORRIBLE.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by Bobboau
OH!
found it!
it was checking how many primary weapons the ship had when it should have been checking secondarys, I wasn't able to find this before because I was checking ships with the same or larger number of primaries as secondaries

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater/fs2_open_r_wm.zipthis buld has been updated.

Link no workee.:(

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
same here. 404 Telefragged. :confused:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That's because he included the 'this' from his sentence in the url by mistake-presumably because he let it autoparse and forgot the space.  Come on guys, use a little internet common sense.

Originally posted by Bobboau
http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater/fs2_open_r_wm.zip
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yeah... I fixed it
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Raptor
Just as a point of infomation, I did hi-poly versions of the Hornet, the Trebuchet, and two Shivan Missiles (hornet and treb counterparts).  I mapped+textured both the Hornet and the Treb, then passed the whole lot to Lighty.

This development might get me to finish off that project, and get those bombs done.  They were the main reason I started doing hi-poly warheads.

The ship/weapon selection screen should also have support for 3D guns. Add a $Tech model: field with a POF after +Tech Description and it should show up in the tech room.

Edit: While I'm thinking 'bout that, Bobb, is there any way to easily rotate a model around an offcenter point? eg I have the center point for the actual missile subobject, but I'm at a loss as to how to rotate it because passing a different matrix to model_render will always rotate the whole model around the center point of the whole thing, including the nonexistent engines. (Or I suppose I could look into displaying the engines in the weap select screen.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:41:01 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
look at the acen code

(Interp_flags & MR_AUTOCENTER)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:52:31 pm by 57 »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok i think you fixed all the major bugs i was running into, sorry it took me so long to test i had to reinstall windows (it finally pissed me off).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN