Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 2403 times)

Hi there, im new to these forums but ive been using FRED2 for a little while now. Im no expert but i can do a the basic things. However ive ran into a few problems during the creation a Narn campaign im currently working on.

1, when enemy ships jump in you get the 'enemy ships' message with the hug animation of an EA officer showing up saying it, is there anyway to change that to the narn animation?

2, how do i get the 'press alt-j' to end the mission to come up and how to i have it so it only works when all objectives are complete and only near a certain thing? (like a vessel or jump gate)

3, where do you set the objectives to show up in the hud?

any help would be appreiciated.
Thanks

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/intro.html

Click on "FRED questions" > "Retail Help" subcategory.

(The FRED Open Help Category only covers stuff not found in normal FRED, so you should start with Retail.)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
1, when enemy ships jump in you get the 'enemy ships' message with the hug animation of an EA officer showing up saying it, is there anyway to change that to the narn animation?

you can deactivate this message in the mission specs editor:
"Disable build-in Command messages"
since race-custom pilot msgs have not been added you may also want
"Disbale build-in messages"

3, where do you set the objectives to show up in the hud?

directives....
events editor -> underneath the white space where the events are being edited in the is a blank space which is label "Directive Text" - when an event is selected you might enter a 31 characters long text as order here

2, how do i get the 'press alt-j' to end the mission to come up and how to i have it so it only works when all objectives are complete and only near a certain thing? (like a vessel or jump gate)

right underneath the "directive text"-space there is a "directive key-press" (or something) field; there you will have to enter "Alt+J" at the even with the RTB directive
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

thanks for your quick responses. they have been very helpful!

thank you  :)

right underneath the "directive text"-space there is a "directive key-press" (or something) field; there you will have to enter "Alt+J" at the even with the RTB directive
[/quote]

Ive had a play with this and I cant figure out how to make it come up only when the objective is completed. At the moment its always on the screen which is not what i want

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Ive had a play with this and I cant figure out how to make it come up only when the objective is completed. At the moment its always on the screen which is not what i want

you may chain the event with the directive to another one.... this causes the event to be checked ONLY when the other event is triggered...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You can also use is-event-true if you set the 3rd optional parameter using the Add Data option in the pop up menu.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]