Author Topic: TBP Glide Mod  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
The nightly builds are the latest development builds.  I included a link.  download the latest version for your operating system.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=173.0
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

So I download all the nightly files and extract them into my gamefolder (overwritting stuff in the proccess)? Sry for all the questions guys, but being new is rly confusing to keep up with all the stuff going on. +minimal time to browse all the threads for answers.

May i suggest a sticky that'll explain to new player,s in ridiculous details, excactly what they need to do to get the game fully working? At first i thought i'd download the DVD and i'd be done.

And will the nightly(s) influence the mutliplayer?

Thnx for patience

EDIT: I browsed the forum in the link you gave me, i saw a Nightly Faq and help thread, do i need the shaders and launchers it talk about there?  Rly guys :nervous: A single thread that says about ALL the things you need for the game would help a hell of a lot
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:09:55 pm by Ker.Soth »
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline Macfie

You should have all those things already.  All you need is the inferno build out of the nightly build and extract the files.  What operating system are you using?  Can't help you much with multiplayer I've never done that.  I think the latest inferno build is the one being used in multiplayer but I'm not sure.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

KK thnx again. I'm using windows vista (yes yes i know  :wtf: ) I'll try multi before i put it in, and see what happens.

Offline Macfie

If you look at the original post there is a link to a 3.6.11 inferno build.  I don't know for sure if you can use the glide mod in multiplayer.  I think everyone that's playing has to have the same mods and same FSOpen build for it to work.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
There are not instructions for things like this because they are experimental until 3.6.11 becomes final.  People they are using experimental stuff are expected to know what they are doing to some extent.  Instructions for Zathras and 3.6.10 are posted.  

Knightly builds will not work with multi as they are not inferno builds.  I posted a link to an inferno build in the first post.  It will work with both this and multiplayer.  Using any mod with multiplayer except Zathras will prevent your stats from storing. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

K, just saying, being new i dont know what is what.I realise my previous post may have come out like a bit of indirect flaming, but getting one's bearings in here is tricky, for me at least.

I think my stats in multi aren't storing anyways, pops some hack message.

Again, thnx for indulging my curiosity etc.

Offline -Norbert-

Thanks for the link FUBAR. I'll give it a go tomorrow then.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You may get a hack message but stats do work in multi.  It's the message when you accept that is the key not that you are playing with hacked tables at the start.  Anything but retail FS2 tables will give you that warning.  Enabling a mod will prevent stats from storing. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
K, just saying, being new i dont know what is what.I realise my previous post may have come out like a bit of indirect flaming, but getting one's bearings in here is tricky, for me at least.

I don't think anyone took it as flaming or even the wrong way. It's just that this is simply a forum used by developers and they tend to expect everyone in here to be either a developer (of TBP or another FSO game) or someone familiar enough with how mods work to have no issues installing this. For that reason you shouldn't expect a newbie friendly initial post. We don't have the time for them on all the internal posts we make.

That said, I doubt anyone is going to be upset if someone new to modding asks questions on how to use this. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I'm not simply new in modding, i doubt i'll ever get into it. I just like babylon 5 universe a lot, and this game has been made so well, it could and in my opinion should gather a truckload of people. Maybe a noob-friendly, non mod oriented guide would help see that multiplayer lobby packed with hundreds of players 24/7.

Been 5 days now since i started trying to fix my multi and i'm still chacing around my tail despite the fact that FUBAR has tried to help a lot.

Offline -Norbert-

I finally found the time to play around with this mod for a bit and I quite like it, even though I seem to crash into Frazis far more often now and flying a badger against Sentries is now bordering on the sucidal.

But there is something bothering me (most likely form the exe rather than the mod). For some reason the game swollos most 1s. The only place where I can still see the number 1 displayed once inside a mission is the target-info window on the bottom left corner of the screen. The infotext beside the target, the hull percentange of the target below the crosshair, the damage indications of your own hull and subsystem or the range all show blanks instead of the number one.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Don't think I've ever heard of a problem like that before.  Only thing I can even think of is language.  If you have FS2 what language did you install it with?

Offline -Norbert-

I have the german version, but didn't have any bug of that kind ever before...
Could it be because I'm playing on Win 7 64 bit (and WinXP SP3 combatibility mode)?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Possibly but there have been issues with non English versions of FS2 being installed since FSO reads the registry and there is no German of TBP.   There are instructions around here for changing the registry setting but it will effect FS2 as well.  So you can try that or wait until the SCP gets the registry dependencies removed. 

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I am going to do a bad thing and go full necro here.

But the link in the OP is dead, anyone got the file?

I am interested in the AI tweaks in particular - I think I need to give the Whitestar's AI a little upgrade for what I want it to do in Erlkönig
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline den5

Not sure but it seems this one

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline 0rph3u5

That's it, thank you.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Is this just for your mod or TBP in general?

Offline 0rph3u5

It a case with limited applicability outside the context of Erlkönig

==================