Hosted Projects - Standalone > Public Development

Replacment for the FS2 subspace node.

(1/3) > >>

FUBAR-BDHR:
Noticed we were still using that file and it needs replaced so I whipped this up:

wesp5:
This is the jumppoint, no? We had discussions about this a long time ago, with the 2D one too flat in my opinion and the 3D one too deep with the flash not at it's end, where it belongs, but in the middle. Your new one looks like it could be the perfect inbetween solution! So can we somehow see or test this inside the game?

FUBAR-BDHR:
No it's not the jumppoint this is the jump node model.  It's normally a sphere but I thought a better indicator for TBP would be a jump vortex. 

BTW this is exactly the same relative dimensions as the current jumppoint vortex.  So if you think this one looks right and the other one doesn't you need to see an optometrist.

wesp5:

--- Quote from: FUBAR-BDHR on January 10, 2013, 02:51:12 am ---BTW this is exactly the same relative dimensions as the current jumppoint vortex.  So if you think this one looks right and the other one doesn't you need to see an optometrist.

--- End quote ---

That's why I asked to see it in game, because I suspected it could be a matter of perspective. The current one looks okay from the front, like this one, but much too long from the side. This is very obvious in missions like MAGs "Shadow Dancing" where jumppoints open all around the player.

karajorma:
I think you're missing the difference between a jump point and a jump node.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version