Hosted Projects - Standalone > Public Development

Zathras 2.7c for testing

<< < (2/9) > >>

FUBAR-BDHR:

--- Quote from: Vidmaster on February 22, 2013, 02:57:15 pm ---Did some more research too, found some B5 action figures on Ebay: No Demos but "similar" objects seem to indicate it is a non-canon name for the Primus.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html;jsessionid=AF964711FFA9EB165C653F687B51CBCC?_nkw=BABYLON%205%20CENTAURI%20DEMOS%20CLASS%20HEAVY%20WARSHIP%20METAL%20X%202&_itemId=140318684570

The issue is that if the "standard" Vorchan has a fighterbay now, it kinda breaks the vessel. The distinguishing aspect of that ship is its high combat capability but lack of a fighter bay.
Changing that based on the potential existence of some ship on which we cannot find canon evidence at the moment is a little controversial to me. Especially since we do not really need this ship, our Centauri fleet is big enough and both the Primus and Secundus serve the role of the fighter carrier.

--- End quote ---

I did some more searching and found that this ship is in B5Wars and apparently considered canon to the B5 universe by JMS.  Unfortunately firefox took a dump viewing a link to a PDF (omitting long adobe plugin and updater rant) and I lost the link before I could post it. 

Anyway while this adds the ability for a FREDder to have ships arrive from a Vorchan if he wishes it does not break balance in any way.  He could easily fake the same thing by setting the arrival near ship with no warp.  The fighterbays are not targetable by the player so as far as existing missions are concerned there is no difference at all.  This just gives the FREDder the option for an alternate ship class without taking up a ship slot. 

--- Quote ---In unrelated topics:

That HTL fury and tanker really shows me what this mod needs. More good looking HTL models  :yes:

--- End quote ---

Yes a lot of models are showing their age. 

FUBAR-BDHR:

--- Quote from: wesp5 on February 22, 2013, 05:20:46 pm ---I did some quick tests and the beam effects you included look fine! I still think the Centauri should fire a yellow beam too, because this is clearly shown in "The Lost Tales" when they fire on the planet Sheridan is on. If you don't want to do this, how would I choose the secondary weapon that you said can be set to such a yellow beam?

--- End quote ---

Same way you change any other weapon on a ship.  Weapon editor under ship editor in FRED. 

--- Quote ---Also on another note, since when do the cobra bay side arms (I don't know how to describe it better) have such huge yellow window-like textures? If they were there before, were they also so yellow? They are not as obvious on the models in the title and menu and every picture I could find. Maybe they should be less yellow at least!

--- End quote ---

This is one of the maps that was missing the -glow map in the core.  I did some searching and some pics from the show appear to have the yellow while others don't.   One pic even has the glows as red but that one was indicated as when the station was being constructed.   I have noticed that one of the biggest problems searching for pics of anything B5 related is you end up with a ton of pics from TBP to sort through. 

wesp5:

--- Quote from: FUBAR-BDHR on February 23, 2013, 02:36:12 am ---Same way you change any other weapon on a ship.  Weapon editor under ship editor in FRED.

--- End quote ---

I never use FRED but edit the mission files with a text editor. So how would this look there ;)?

--- Quote ---I did some searching and some pics from the show appear to have the yellow while others don't.

--- End quote ---

I think the yellow look should be removed, I don't think B5 has any other windows in that style!

Trivial Psychic:
I'm surprised noone has ever tried to add in the Octurion model.  After all, we've had the briefing icon for it in the mod for years.  BTW, there's some really cool models on that page as well, both official, semi and complete fan designs, including one awesome redesign of the Shadow battlecrab.

FUBAR-BDHR:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on February 23, 2013, 03:37:49 pm ---I'm surprised noone has ever tried to add in the Octurion model.  After all, we've had the briefing icon for it in the mod for years.  BTW, there's some really cool models on that page as well, both official, semi and complete fan designs, including one awesome redesign of the Shadow battlecrab.

--- End quote ---

I've tried.  The mesh is corrupted and crashes every modeling program and PCS2 I've tried to import it to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version