Author Topic: RELEASE: Twisted Infinities  (Read 17742 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
RELEASE: Twisted Infinities
Twisted Infinities

2378. Eleven years after the Capella supernova. The Destruction of the Capella star by the Shivans had many impacts on the society of the GTVA. Some were immediate and obvious: The incalculable loss of life and goods and the loss of a key system on the GTVA map, others were subtle and longer term The gradual economic decline of the GTVA as a whole leading to the recent depression. Some were general: the massive blow to morale, of both the citizenry and the military, others were localized, such as the destabilization of recently isolated system. Such a one is Epsilon Pegasi.

Twisted Infinities offers 19 action packed missions and many never seen before models.  Battle pirates, face experimental technology, go undercover, discover a mysterious secret! TI is the product of many of HLPs early stars such as Black Wolf, Vasudan Admiral and more.  TI has been brought up to current standards by the FSCRP team and is ready for you to experience today.   

1) INSTALLATION

[DOWNLOAD] - Use Knossos:

Click below to get started. The latest revision is 1.0.0.

2) CREDITS

Original TI Team
Black Wolf - Project leader, FREDer, Modeler, story
Vasudan Admiral - modeler, music
Flipside - modeler
Galemp - modeler
Grimloq - modeler
MjnMixael - Cbanim artist
Moonsword - FREDer
Shinobi - FREDer

FSCRP Team
Admiral Nelson - Project Leader, FREDer
FrigkFeek - Tester
Nightmare - Tester, Project Inspiration
Nyctaeus - Modeler, story
spart_n - Tester

Music
 - Music -

Vanguard, by UltimaTricksta - http://ultimatricksta.newgrounds.com/
Base Infiltration and Camouflage by SovStep - https://soundcloud.com/sovstep
Brass Crescendo by winKoneR -  http://winkoner.newgrounds.com/
Bad Dream by Honor of Style - http://honorofstyle.newgrounds.com/
Counterstrike by KatMaestro - http://katmaestro.newgrounds.com/
Dreams of Knossos and Ragnarok by Flipside - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=394
Floating Free - Shadows of Light (Syrk Team)

Additional Music from Inferno: Nostos
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Re: RELEASE: Twisted Infinities
And it took only 18 years to release :D

If Vasudan Admiral still lurks and reads this message - please deliver your remaining models. ;7

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:26:06 pm by Nightmare »

Offline starlord

Nice. I was looking forward to this one.

So which acts of this were completed in fact?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Nice. I was looking forward to this one.

So which acts of this were completed in fact?
This is only first act. FSCRP got access to old TI FTP, but I'm not sure if there are any Act II missions out there. We need to check.

Even if, I doubt if any more acts can be released by FSCRP. BW handled us almost complete Act I to clean up and finish. Further acts are probably incomplete.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starlord

I wonder what is his take on this, by which I mean the project status in general: the aesir idea was interesting.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:44:28 pm by starlord »

Act 1 was 95% done, so there are not many changes.

mission one unbeateble repair wont dock do its broken

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
What our valued colleague wants to express here is that new Aeolus model from the MVPs does not have the docking point required in Mission 1. As a result the mission cannot be completed.

Spoiler:
The issue is with the initial orders of the Hephaestos, which call for it to dock with the Advocate at "OrestesDock". The model that comes with TI has it, but the current MVP ones does not - as the current MVP one is used, the dock order cannot be executed and the Hephaestos just hangs there.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

untested missions

Offline 0rph3u5

Attached you will find a homebrew fix for Mission 1. Goes into TI's data/tables and restores the use of TI's own Aeolus model.

EDIT: As the official fix is rolling out my homebrew fix has been retired to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:22:25 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It has this dockpoint. We added it to MVP Aeolus, but for some reason it's using the other docking path. It is known issue. I encountered it before.

We will investigate it. Maybe Adm.Nelson uploaded pre-fix version of this mission by accident. Also the Hephaeustus will dock even with this broken dockpoint, but it will take time.

EDIT: Found the issue. New MediaVPs are overwriting TI's ships.tbl. It was tested on 4.0. Place this in TI-1.0.0/core/data/tables before we push the fix on Knossos.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:02:03 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Both dockpoints of the Aeolus are inside the model. Also, dock01 has path02 as docking path which actually belongs to turret02.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I've pushed 1.01 to correct the issue with the Orestes path.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
untested missions

b-b-b-but i did test them  :(

untested missions

More like things that can go wrong when somethings being changed last minute.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
untested missions

More like things that can go wrong when somethings being changed last minute.
Like sudden MediaVPs release :]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
untested missions

I mean I can see that's what one would think if they didn't realize how separate releases work. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

did you even playtest this or something red aletd 2 nd time bugged the mission i have to protect the ranger thats nothing to ptotect

Offline 0rph3u5

Mission 3 (a-c) is a bit inellegant ...

Hidden Text: Show
I guess, due to how consequtive red-alerts work. I remember a similar problem with Walking on Ashes, but there I never solved it (for that campaign it was just easier to recommend a reset).

What happened: I got it bugged because I lost Alpha 2 & 4 during 3b, and when I wanted to go back from 3c ("Replay previous mission") to improve that outcome turns out Alpha 2 & 4 now start out dead. And I can't go back to 3a because that's how that works.

==================

Offline Solatar

Really excited to see this. I remember reading the announcement (an FS2 Sector community project) way back when I was in middle school.

I'm having trouble getting through the campaign, because at least the first few missions are hanging on sets of dialogue. It's not 100% reproducible, because if I restart the mission it'll often hang in a different place. Longer sequences of messages stop playing, and often a single ship will perpetually have that gray "this ship is sending a message" box around while non-message driven events sort of continue. The first time it happened in the first mission, the Advocate had the grey box stuck around it shortly after arrival, and the "good luck, pirates are right behind us" message didn't show up until 8 or 9 minutes of (dead) mission time - restarted mission, went fine. It just keeps happening at least once in every mission, and because I've never played the campaign before it takes me a minute or two to realize that the mission is stuck. Is it something with send-message-list?

Am I the only one experiencing this, or is this a SCP bug? I haven't encountered it in any other campaigns using the same build. I'm using the 19.0.0 release (tried it with a recent nightly as well, and I did point the mod to the current mediavps instead of _2014 (Orestes dock fix works just fine).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:58:53 pm by Solatar »