Author Topic: RELEASE: Desperation Chapter 2  (Read 14376 times)

Offline Nuclear1

RELEASE: Desperation Chapter 2
Originally posted by Fenrir
A random question, Singh... do you have the complete versions of the songs used in part 2 missions 4 and 5? Or is it criminal to distribute those? :nervous:

Not necessarily criminal. The slower and more dramatic music was taken from the theme of Requiem for A Dream, and the faster battle music was one I sent to Singh for GTI: Drums of Gaugamela, from Alexander, though the ambient music is Preparation from the same soundtrack.

I also have all three full tracks if you need them.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 02:52:18 pm by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
it looks like i've found that error, singh.

i think that the goal-fase for the ravana objective should be goal-true. try that out and see if it works. :)

[EDIT] or change the branch to make it like so:

-is-previous-event-true
--jumpout
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 03:24:38 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
umm, High Max, i'm talking about Chapter 1.

[EDIT] AHA! i found the problem for the repeating misison problem, singh!

looks like my previous assessment was wrong.

Spoiler:
see, here you have the mission set to repeat if the goal Defend the Fleet is failed. And the GTD Nova is destroyed, so the objective is failed anyways.

so, you have set the wrong SEXP for this. if you delete the repeat mission if protect the fleet is failed, we should be able to progress through the campaign. unfortunately, i'm not sure how to change the repeat-mission SEXP to something else without accidentally screwing up the campaign.

[EDIT2] I fixed Mission 3's  repeat mission error, but now mission 4 has it. i'm gonna have to go through the entire campaign and fix the SEXPs, since it's clear that all the missions have it. (not that 'm calling your FREDing sucky, Singh. :))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 08:44:03 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If so, I want to know how it got that way. 'Cuz I tested it and it worked fine.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
are you playing Chapter 2? or chapter 1?

Hello... I'm new to all that SCP thing... I just thought I needed some new FS2 campaign to play, and came accross all those SCP updates and all... I installed this campaign in my root folder ; then, when I select the campaign in the game, and try to go in the Ready Room to start, I get a 'Attempt to load the mission failed' error... Do I need anything else than the .vp file? I also got the whole media pack files... still won't work...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm working on it. :p

it'll take a while though, since i have to go through every mission.

Any way to get around that bug of the mission repeating? (Also, the mission just before the one that repeats is kinda buggy too... The debriefing said I had done a good job and everything, but I had to replay the mission...)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll send a PM to Singh telling him that there are still a few bugs in the campaign file and that Cobra is fixing them.  He'd probably want to know about it.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
im working on it as well - but wont be able to finish it anytime soon. IM in the middle of a jobhunt atm, and although i have some time, there is simply not enough to play through each mission again.

Thank you for your help, Cobra. If you can get it done within a week's time, then go ahead. Otherwise I should be able to resolve it myself :D
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
heh. i'm working on it right now. :D

by the way singh, do you have any instant messengers?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Thanks for sticking with it Singh, and good luck on the job hunt.  Thanks for your help too, Cobra. :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
no problem. :)

Re: RELEASE: Desperation Chapter 2
Hello, just to say the links dont work anymore.

Offline Dan1

Hello, just to say the links dont work anymore.

Just wanted to second that. Came into some more time than I expected and am looking forward to playing this cause the first one was good and so is this according to the reviews..(gameplay..bugwise could be a different story)
Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline Dan1

Anyone that has gotten this able to upload it somewhere for download since the links don't appear to be working?  I'd love to try this new one out. Thanks in advance.

Luckily I happen to have the chapter1+2 file on hand.  *Clears out space to host*  Unfortunately its Geocities so I had to split up the downloads.  My sincerest apologies.  Also, this is the buggy version, so you might have to resolve the errors yourself until Cobra or Singh make a more updated version available.

http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Missions.zip Missions and tables

http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/music.zip  First batch of music files
http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Music2.zip Second batch of music files
http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Music3.zip Last batch.

Just plop the files into their appropriate folders.  Please note, this will require SCP to run.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 06:59:35 pm by freespacegundam »
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, i wish it was different, but i forgot to back up all the work i did on desperation before having my hard drive reformatted to install my pentium 4 software, so i need to start all over again. :(

Offline Dan1

Luckily I happen to have the chapter1+2 file on hand.  *Clears out space to host*  Unfortunately its Geocities so I had to split up the downloads.  My sincerest apologies.  Also, this is the buggy version, so you might have to resolve the errors yourself until Cobra or Singh make a more updated version available.

http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Missions.zip Missions and tables

http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/music.zip  First batch of music files
http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Music2.zip Second batch of music files
http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Music3.zip Last batch.

Just plop the files into their appropriate folders.  Please note, this will require SCP to run.

The missions and tables downloaded fine but the music was all forbidden for access for some reason.  Hopefully it'll work fine w/out em.  Thanks for the links.

Update, I've fixed the error on mission 3 of Ch1 where the mission repeats.  I had to modify the campaign file, and I've now made it available for download.  I can't vouch for any other errors just yet, but at least mission 3 is now completable.

http://www.geocities.com/gundamvsff/Desperation.zip
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.