Author Topic: Blue Planet Plot  (Read 14656 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd also like to say that I do have poor vision, so I was forced to read a lot of the stuff at an uncomfortably close distance to my screen. If the campaign was voice acted, I may have been more into it.
So basically you only enjoy 3 or 4 campaigns then?

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Pretty much, lol

I love Destinyofpeace, and Derelict; and of course ST:R.

We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Please note that she's 1002 years old, Snail... :p
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

You know, I read a lot of people upset at the story, and I can't help but think that it's all over blown.

It's a free campaign guys, not a commerical product. Constructive criticizm is one thing, but no need to go around angrily venting like a child.

That said, I can't deny some of the complaints have merit. Command being the bad guys sets up a great second chapter, but at the same time makes them look like idiots.

As for the vishans and shivans, I like that someone at least tried to put into context the shivans and there purpose, even IF it didn't make a great deal of sense.And besides, the Vishans ships look cool as hell.

Now that being said, one issue that I don't get is the whole "Shivans turned into pussies" grip.

Is it just me, or does the thought of the dante returning backed up by about 50 Juggernauts and a couple dozen destoryers not fill everyone with terror. Dont' forget, these are the guys who super novaed capella. I doubt they will take the Vishauns actions lying down. My money would be on the shivans coming back in full force saying "Guess what. The concioul can go screw itself" Not in that terminology but, something to that effect.

Over all, I liked Blue planet and enjoyed it alot, and hope to see the second chapter soon.

Firstly i started playing Freespace only two months ago and as expected i loved the game and now am a fan of all space sims.

I must say that of all the campiagns i've downloaded and played BP is one i consider as one of the best. The storyline diverts away fro the usual Shivans against humans and vasudans stuff that honestly has become a staple in most campaigns (nothing against that but after a while it gets boring). The twist at the end works because well they've been thru boatloads of crap then the sudden switch was a WTF moment for me.

I really liked the graphics and the ships it totally added a new excitement to playing the game as you rarely saw some of the flyable shipsfrom the orig campaigns.

All i can say is that the next campaign will probably be cool and can't wait for it but make sure the UEF have some chutzpah as the GTVA are seriously bad ass. :pimp:
An neverending battle shall begin (BITEFIGHT.org): http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=128547

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
:welcomesilver:

Yes, we all can't wait for the sequel.  :D
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Thadeus

So has anyone other than me noticed the error in the cutscene where the Orestes battlegroup is attacked by the Lucifer?

I was very confused when I was told that the year was 2285.
*kills topic*

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
So has anyone other than me noticed the error in the cutscene where the Orestes battlegroup is attacked by the Lucifer?

Hmm, I never picked that up

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Whoa!

Another dimension(no pun intended) to BP's already gripping storyline - TIME TRAVEL

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yea, it's supposed to be 2385...