Author Topic: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP  (Read 61148 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP
always let the camera start in hyperspace (maybe add some cool jumping sequence with a nice subtitle like Date - System - blabla in the B5 font)  :rolleyes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IronForge

• You Most Make Estimate!
  • Banned for failing to make a campaign in one month
can we revive this and can i help?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I played this last night. I played as the ISA and defeated the Drakh. Unfortunately the fade-to-black startup didn't work when it used to and I haven't changed the code in any way.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It should be working in any build released after June based on what WMCoolmon said in this Mantis report.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
If I adopted this build what would it break? Presumably a lot of the TBP specific bugfixes you did for us in our custom 3.6.9 build haven't made it into the head build yet?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
All my fixes are in 3.6.10. As far as I know there is no reason not to move over to 3.6.10 Official when it comes out. The changes I made to ai_profiles table means that you could have the Whitestar score kills without it affecting older missions (simply create a new AI Profile that will be used in those missions and add it via a tbm). There are probably other changes that would benefit TBP too.

I will have to look into this to see if it affects Windows machines too though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:23:18 am by karajorma »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Thanks for your input Kara. Can you recommend a "most stable" 3.6.10 build?

Offline Vidmaster

so it's lets try it out and if it works use it (also on hip's DVD) or what?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Bingo. That's the problem with head builds and why I try to avoid them like the plague :). Then again when I was working with the 3.6.9 head builds I did eventually, through trial and error, find one that worked very nicely and stuck with that until the full release. Which is the root of my question to Kara. I'm hoping someone else has done the long frustrating trial and error bit.

Offline Vidmaster

okay, it's your call Kara. FIND ONE THAT WORKS and I will gladly support a new official build but please be sure.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
The one in my sig is very stable, although it's a bit old.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Uh Vid. The only reason I'm looking to a head build is there is a very specific bug (fade out) that has scuppered me leaving me with no choice. It's your call obviously but I'd suggest sticking with our incredibly stable TBP specific 3.6.9 build.

Offline Vidmaster

well, there is no deny that it would also fix some bugs in Multiplayer, for example the respawn problem.
And AI fixes sounds good too. I don't expect or want all the features the state-of-the-art WCS builds have but bugfixes are always nice.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You want to force a head build on people for multiplayer?  :shaking: Just be sure that in order to fix your handful of bugs you don't force a truckload of new ones on everyone. There is a reason these things aren't release candidates or full releases you know.

Consider this. Trying a head build to see if worked better with BHX has crossed my mind before. The reason I didn't is because on some level I would sooner can BHX as a project than use one of these builds! I know as likely new project leader I'm going to have to let you make your own mistakes but seriously, this would be a doozy to start with  :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I definitely wouldn't recommend moving over to 3.6.10 for multiplayer without a lot of testing. The FS2 build that colecampbell666 suggested is pretty stable. Debug will scream like hell about MOI errors though.

I do not recommend using that FRED build though. This one will probably work a lot better for you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I actually did quite a bit of TBP multi testing with the is-player build in Kara's link.  Didn't hit any snags.  Also been using some recent 3.6.10 builds for debugging purposes without noticing any problems that didn't exist in TBP 3.6.9.  Still any 3.6.10 build would need a lot more testing even if it were just for multi. 

There was a recent Mantis report of recent builds totally breaking TBP but I don't know of anyone that has confirmed that report. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
The FS2 build that colecampbell666 suggested is pretty stable.[/plug]
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

My first post and it's a bump...   :lol:

Just curious as to where this went...I gotta thing for dynamic campaigns...

is this still alive

No. If the last post was

My first post and it's a bump...   :lol:

Just curious as to where this went...I gotta thing for dynamic campaigns...
from 9 years ago, it is nearly 100% not. You can ask if someone kept the (probably incomplete) files though.