Author Topic: War in Heaven Preview 3  (Read 15778 times)

Offline Darius

War in Heaven Preview 3
New piece up for people to read. This one takes the viewpoint of the Vasudans and what they've been up to Post-Capella, as well as providing a general commentary on Vasudan society and mysticism.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:28:47 am by General Battuta »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
War in Heaven Preview 3
I really enjoyed reading the inferno prose yesterday night, who writes these? you Darius?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Narvi

Re: War in Heaven Preview 3
Hah, thought the Lucifer-killers would have a role.

And where exactly is the FS1 PC now?  :drevil:

Offline Darius

Battuta's been writing the Blue Planet stuff. The Inferno prose was a bit of fan fiction I wrote about four years ago that indirectly inspired me to make BP.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Good stuff, although I'd always thought that the "Ancients dialogues" in FS1 were taken from the discovered artifacts/knowledge that you spend several missions retrieving.  I suppose having them be a telepathic incident could work too. :)

Offline -Norbert-

Does that mean, that the ancients are somehow connected with the Vishnans?
Or were they just "broadcasting" the history of the last victim of the Shivans, so the Humans and Vasudans could learn from their predecessors mistakes?

Somehow I got a feeling that after the Terran civil war is resolves, we'll get a Blue Planet 3 that will bring us into this final apocalypse against the Shivans....

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yep, that has been pretty much confirmed. Not the apocalypse part, but the BP part 3 part.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Nice :yes:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
No Vasudan mastered the union between the mystical and the secular more completely than Khonsu II. The Emperor took divination and mysticism into consultation as he planned the movements of battlegroups and the regulation of his prosperous economy. Terran scientists flocked to observe this phenomenon and concluded that Vasudan ‘prophecy’ was in fact startlingly reliable – perhaps an inbuilt, powerful form of analysis and intuition, capable of ingesting and synthesizing vast amounts of data in order to determine trends. The Vasudans, however, stubbornly maintained that prophetic abilities amongst their species (including those once claimed by members of the Hammer of Light) were in fact the result of communion with powerful alien beings (The term ‘supernatural’ is never used in Vasudan mythology; the Vasudan view is that anything which occurs is natural and scientific). Ironically, this attitude towards ‘higher powers’ is not dissimilar to that adopted by some factions of the Ubuntu Party Elders.

Have we been here before?  :drevil:

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Sounds a little Mind Games-esque?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Cool.

The Inferno pieces drew my attention more than BP though... but you might say "that's expected" depending on how you look at it...

Or maybe it's because I find Battuta's stuff a tiny bit harder to read (but that's because I'm no book reader and/or I'm lazy to think in-depth)... XD
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's definitely dense. It's modeled after real historical texts.

I took a slightly more cinematic approach for stuff I did for other projects, and when I write narrative prose I try to keep it verb-heavy and streamlined.

Offline eliex

An engaging read.  :yes:
With constant references to Khonsu II, does anyone know the average life-span of a Vasudan? If Khonsu does die, it's going to be interesting to see how the heirs might take the situation.

Keep it up Batty, as I said before, this is the best stuff I've read in a long time!

Offline Darius

Who feels like playing around with some cryptology?

http://blueplanet.hard-light.net/rift2.jpg

This image contains a heading and subheading in Vasudan text. They are translatable to english, and are not just letters typed out randomly :P

Those who partook in 162 will find this a breeze.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Aardwolf I managed to figure out on IRC that the thing meant "Medjai. To Honor Vasuda"

The Medjai are apparently a closely-knit military group of Vasudan admirals who report only to the Emperor, and are mentioned several times in the prose on the Blue Planet website. The significance of this is currently unknown.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Using http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=printpage%3Btopic=57704.0 as a reference to translate the characters (manually I might add, since nobody could find the damn Vasudan font) it says:

Quote from: Darius' viral marketing thingamajig
MEDJAY
KALINGAH VASUUDAH

Which translates to: "Medjay, to honor Vasuda", and Wikipedia says an alternate spelling for that first bit is Medjai.

Edit: slimy shelled invertebrate backstabber!

Just kidding

Edit II: AWESOME! Battuta just accidentally said something about RC1 in the wrong IRC channel  ;7

Offline Darius

Well done :)

Hrm..maybe I should have organised a prize or something before posting this up...oh well....

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can I just say, your dev team is insane.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Edit II: AWESOME! Battuta just accidentally said something about RC1 in the wrong IRC channel  ;7
Yeah, concerning one mission, not WiH as whole.

Can I just say, your dev team is insane.
Well thank you. :) What you experienced was like changing socks to us. :p
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:24:06 pm by Fury »