Author Topic: Video: First Battle of Neptune  (Read 25667 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: Video: First Battle of Neptune
Sorry, I phrased that badly. I meant to convey that the Shivans had assimilated the Vasudans with the Terrans, rather than viewing them as a completely seperate entity from humanity, from their perception. Though, that's an interesting thought, the Shivans treating GTVA members as an entirely different species.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 02:33:43 am by Dilmah G »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The degree of Shivan information regarding the GTVA could be contingent on exactly how the Nagari process works.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
On the topic of Shivan knowledge of the GTVA, did they capture any Humans or Vasudans prior to FS2?

Offline eliex

Uncertain canonically, but in FS1 the Shivans had no other motive for their enemies apart from complete extermination - FS2, different behaviour.

I don't buy that. We hear at the end of FS1 that "...the Shivans can rebuild them {jump nodes}...". They did not have to wait around for the portal to open, they could have opened the portal themselves. Besides, we also know that the Shivans are a subspace-centric civilization, and probably immediately detect all subspace occurences. That is what triggers their attacks, based on canonical information.

FS1 does say that but FS2 demonstrates something to the complete contrary. I would suggest that if that information was intended to be taken literally at the time, that between the development of FS1 and FS2 that the idea changed and that the Shivans instead are now dependant upon the ancient portal to reach GTVA space.

Offline -Norbert-

The degree of Shivan information regarding the GTVA could be contingent on exactly how the Nagari process works.
What's the Nagari process?
Thanks to admiral Bosh the shivans could posses very in-depth infomation about the GTVA as well as ancients and human history (his momologues pictured him as quite knowledgeable about history), maybe even vasudan history. Even though he had no way of knowing what's been going on in Sol.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq