Author Topic: Just some images....  (Read 3564 times)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Just some images....
Well I have made some models and I want to know what you think about them.
PS: All of them are planed to be used in small Movies...not ingame!

First the Revised Bengal Strike Carrier.
This version got a bigger main hangar, a second hangar at the back und as you can easly see a completly new Bridge section. It also has additional armor layers on some section of the ship for better protection.
I will add some details to the outriggers like antennas, because its something like an AWACS device.
The frontsection will gain two Capmissile lunchers.

This is a fighter that I have made for someone else, but in the end he didn't want it....so here it is just for viewing pleasure.

The third model is the Blackmane Base from Wing Commander 3.
I have redone it from this pic

Ideas and critics are welcome....so tell me what has to be done to make them TV-like...so that you can say. Hey that looks like StarWars or something like that BUT remember it should still be somehow logic. So no useless details like these many small boxes on a StarDestroyer where nobody know what they are for.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Hmm......
The last ship is nice.
What is it for a ship (class etc.) ?
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Tja wer lesen kann ist klar im vorteil ^__^

Well its some kind of a fighter, original made for one of the Wing Commander projects, but it seams as if its not needed enymore.
About the class...nothing known about that. In Wing Commander therms its a heavy fighter, but it has quite weak shields for a heavy fighter....its just made for hit & run tactics.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
**** i haven't look at the text only at the pics.
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Very nice work. :yes:

Seriously smooth work.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I love the new Blackmane base.  And the Tigers Claw is done very well too. I think what you need is to do some really good texture work, a bit o bump mapping, and pay some very serious attention to the lighting schemes and that will get you a movie style look to it.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."