Author Topic: problem with some error's  (Read 2561 times)

problem with some error's
ill give you the hole story incase it's any help.
recently got freespace 2 on disk only about a week ago. played campaign finished great fun
downloaded inferno mod: chapter 1, this got rid of all the old ships form my fred 2 not really botherd about that but a way to have the original and infrno ships would be nice. finished that campaign

then things started going wrong, i wanted to play some co-op with some firends but didnt have any missions that suported co-op, so i started making some i figured online was the only way to play my missions with some one, ended up at pxo who dont supply the online anymore, followed the link managed to work my way round the site and found Free space open installer downloaded that. opend it up selected the option for 'say yes to all' and let it do its thing over night. realised it hadn't offerd me openal and went on a big search to find that when i found this site and a recent topic about the openal windows installer no longer working, followed the link given and got tht downloaded and installed. i downloaded fs2netgv which was the chat area (i think) opend up the  'fs2 open lancher' configured tht and went to run, which gave me this error

Error: icons.tbl(line 6:
Error: Missing required token: [#Start]. Found [:]  instead.

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

i then said ok to go to debugger and got this error instead

Error: weapons.tbl(line 512:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [@Laser Glow: 2_laserglow03]
in weapon: GTVA Rapid Laser.

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

i get the same thing when i try run  'fred open 3_6_9
i have no idear on where to go form here

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: problem with some error's
You have non-SCP version of the Inferno mod installed. Either move it to a separate mod folder, remove it, and/or if you want to play it get the SCP patch for the Inferno mod.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

oh OK thanks for that, i would like to keep the mod so that means i have to get this scp patch, could you possibly give me a link to this and from what i can tell from your reply I'm going to have to remove the files that came in the version i got. i don't think thats going to be very easy. 

nice this forum has a spell check

i removed the inf main. vp it said this would be good as uninstalling the mod i tryed the fs2 open.exe again and it started i saw a picture of a ship in space but it crashed after 3 seconds and gave me this error message

Error: Can't open model file <orcTer.pof>
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1902

Call stack:

and i carnt use the debugger i get a not responding notice im asuming this is because ive still got some inferno files in there do i have to remove these 2
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:49:47 pm by commander DS »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Preferably just move all the inferno related files into a separate directory in the main freespace directory (named inferno for example). Then find the inferno SCP patch http://inferno.hard-light.net/R1.htm and place it into the same directory. After this you can select the inferno mod when you want by using the mod feature in the FreeSpace open launcher.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/installingmods.html
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

oops ignore this i messed up thinking i HAD to pay to use file planet

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:53:28 pm by commander DS »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. They hide that fact quite well :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]