General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Mouse support?

(1/1)

Leuthesius:
I've had an ongoing problem with my Logitech Extreme 3DPro. It de-calibrates in between missions. No clue what's going on, and I've sent a request to Logitech to replace it. Seeing as how that's not likely to happen, I have resorted to using my mouse, only to find great difficulty because FSO doesn't truly support it. I cannot bind my keys properly. It only recognizes button 1, and button two. I have an Intellipoint Explorer 4.0 (model 1004) and it has the scroll button/wheel as well as the two side buttons on the left.

Now ideally, it'd be great to have a mouse with a toggle hat to do all of those things (but I'm probably going to be tearing my joystick apart and making a mouse/joystick toggle hat gaming blasphemy). However, even being able to bind the two left buttons would be great. So I can equalize shields and drop countermeasures. And being able to adjust sensitivity and have some sort of holding option so where when you point one direction by moving your mouse that direction, it keeps going that direction instead of you having to pick your mouse up and re-roll it across your pad.

I mean... what happens if I run out of mousepad, right? I'll have to order more mousepads or reset my computer!  ;7

Is there anything like this on this site? And also, where can I find the "velocity" mod that I've heard about (assuming it allows you to strafe a la B5/Tachyon/BSG physics).

jr2:
Whoever helps this guy out, remember to activate fire control...

Umm, IDK, there was a script made to give better mouse support, which is buried somewhere, and the velocity mod, -Joshua- made, also buried (but not so deep, it wasn't that long ago)... someone will be along to help shortly, I hope.  :)

Leuthesius:
I've got it!
(As in I know exactly what I want)

Here's what I'm looking for:

Scroll roller thingy: Acceleration/Deceleration (like the joystick throttles)
Wheel button: Afterburners
Large thumb button: Countermeasures
Small thumb button: Target the ship infront of me

If I had that, I would be so very very very very happy.

Turey:

--- Quote from: Leuthesius on September 05, 2007, 07:58:13 pm ---I cannot bind my keys properly. It only recognizes button 1, and button two. I have an Intellipoint Explorer 4.0 (model 1004) and it has the scroll button/wheel as well as the two side buttons on the left.

--- End quote ---
I actually got the middle mouse button to work on my comp by disabling some special scroll option on the Mouse config in the Control Panel. Dunno if it'll work for you.

--- Quote from: Leuthesius on September 05, 2007, 07:58:13 pm ---And being able to adjust sensitivity

--- End quote ---
Already there, under options.

--- Quote from: Leuthesius on September 05, 2007, 07:58:13 pm ---(assuming it allows you to strafe a la B5/Tachyon/BSG physics).

--- End quote ---

Why not try BtRL?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version