Author Topic: Release: 3.7.0 Final  (Read 120712 times)

Congratulations, but more to the point, thank you to everyone who worked on this!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
speaking of which, why isn't this highlighted yet?
I second this motion.

I'd do it, but I need an icon.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
We have a generic scp icon for previous announcements.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The 3.6.18 one used an icon specific to that build. I didn't go back further than that but I can have a look.

EDIT : Nope, they all appear to have been edited to add the build number and I don't know where the original image came from.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:37:52 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Here, I spliced these pixels together using the ones from other highlights (no build number):

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I've downloaded it. I've been hungering for it. I have one campaign/mod in development in order to take advantage of the new pilot code, FreeSpace: Reunited (originally developed by NFSRacer and Soren). How to maximise the use of the code during mod development (For instance I want Alpha 1 to be a well-defined and fleshed-out character just like Blue Planet and Transcend before it)?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
How to maximise the use of the code during mod development (For instance I want Alpha 1 to be a well-defined and fleshed-out character just like Blue Planet and Transcend before it)?

Uhhh

That is not a matter of the engine you're using. All the sexps in the world will not make a character compelling. The campaigns you mentioned make their characters interesting through their writing, not through the tech used.

Creating good characters and creating good missions are very different challenges.

The question you've asked is fundamentally impossible to answer, as it is far too broad.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
indeed the only improvement on retail that i see that could directly help character development is the fiction viewer which iirc is vintage of 3.6.10 for stable builds.

Like The E says the rest comes from the story you have to tell, not the tools you use to tell it
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
No, my pilots are there but all my campaigns were reset

Yep, sorry, that's what I meant.  If you can post that log I can give you more info about why the campaign progress is gone when you switch to 3.7.0.

Actually, can you please rename or delete all the pilot files (*.plr) in freespace2/data/players and then post the log created on the 1st run of 3.7.0 after that?

Where do I find the log?

Where do I find the log?
It's a file called fs2_open.log, located in /data in your main FS2 installation directory.

Offline Yarn

Where do I find the log?
Instructions on producing the log are here.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
well, that's odd, I could have sworn I replied to that latest question from mralexs.  Oh well! :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Congratulations, and thank you, team!

here is the stuff
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39275059/Players.zip
That fs2_open.log is dated April 2013 and runs 3.6.18, I suspect it's not the one related to the issue you're having now. It should also be in /data, not in /data/players.

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy

Offline Flygit

New pilot code means I can use all mods with one profile?

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
You guys all deserve to be melted down and made into a statue of yourselves, congrats on the milestone and thanks for all the hard work!

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
has anyone looked at my new log and figured out what the heck happened to my pilots?

You guys all deserve to be melted down

As much as one would probably apreaciate the sentiment, I still want to see a FSO 3.8