Author Topic: R1 By this summer?  (Read 25999 times)

Offline newman

For someone who can't help you guys in any technical way what so ever, but wants to help some how, what type of things could we do to assist you guys?

Unfortunately, not much.
If you're good at voice acting, you could send samples and stand by till we hit beta.
Otherwise, if you hang around places that have people with skills important to us, you could try mentioning us and pointing them our way. Note that this does not mean that we want you to go creating random accounts on other forums just to advertise us - we pretty much hate spamming and wouldn't resort to it to advance our cause.
Or in short, if you can get the word out about us without spamming, that would be great as it might lead to recruitment, which ultimately leads to faster development.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If you've a spare Axlotl tank that you are willing to donate we would be much obliged.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline newman

I could use a Thrustmaster Warthog. I totally need it for work.. yeah.. work.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

yeah but you'll ,need rudder pedals too :D
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Enker

Will you accept a Attack 3 modded to become rudder pedals?  :D

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That's actually a pretty viable means of getting a pedal set working! :p In fact, you might try to use the y-axis as a braking axis, though the complexity of your mechanism will jump up a bit.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline IronForge

• You Most Make Estimate!
  • Banned for failing to make a campaign in one month
just droppin by to say I'm still here. Plus we already know you said it ain't gona be this year.
Not droppin by save once a month or so, so sorry I'm this late. Just not into BSG anymore now that I got black prophecy...
Also changed names a few times, lurked a year or so more and then disappeared (lol I was like what 14 when I was over the whole ironforge thing).

Not dissin ya guys and no doubt it's gona be epic EVENTUALLY but even if it isn't vaporware and finally releases, it will be likely a year before new stuff comes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:48:18 am by IronForge »

Offline tikey

• Not Batman
(lol I was like what 14 when I was over the whole ironforge thing).

I would have never suspected that!

Offline newman

Me neither. I'd never give him a day over 12 :P

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I'd make a witty comment, but meh.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Plus we already know you said it ain't gona be this year.

We said no such thing.

I just want that on the record for those of you who aren't familiar with IronForge's constant crippling inability to understand what "We don't know" means. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

It's fishing for an ETA. He still thinks we have a secret eta you need to know the secret handshake to get a hold of, and he's trying to estimate it by giving his own estimates and seeing how we react. It's rather obvious and I find the idea he thinks he's being subtle about it cute :)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Have you got any work done on that 'Taurus' class battlestar? Or is that for a future release? Have you got any concept art we might take a gander at perhaps?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
We generally don't post concepts until we have the model in-game. We've actually had our designs pop up in other places without any credit to Starslayer after the last time we did that during BtRL days.

Trust me, the Theseus isn't the most awesome thing he's designed for us, it's simply the first thing we needed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

So far we've focused on getting R1 ships done so no Taurus yet. I'm going to get started on post R1 assets as soon as I can, so far I've been way too busy at work. Planning on making a start on the most critical R2 assets in a month or so.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just to make it clear though, I suppose that does not mean that we'll get R1 this month.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
correct the E :D
Is always better to be clear
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
We generally don't post concepts until we have the model in-game. We've actually had our designs pop up in other places without any credit to Starslayer after the last time we did that during BtRL days.

Trust me, the Theseus isn't the most awesome thing he's designed for us, it's simply the first thing we needed.
Are you talking about that FreeLancer mod that had made that (awful) version of the Bolitho a few years back that I alerted you guys to? :nervous:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline newman

Just one of many cases, really. As a general rule of thumb, people won't bother to check where some design originated, they'll think it originated from the place the saw it first. So we prefer to be the first to release new designs if they were made for Diaspora. The only way to guarantee that is not to release them before the game is out or just about to be released.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
It will be a while before you get to see stuff like the Taurus, Inquisitor or Thanatos.  That said, when R1 is close to being shot out the Viper Tube, newman and I'll post a Dev Blog on the MK VIIE.  I think it will be pretty informative to those who are interested in seeing how a non canon craft evolves from a figment of my imagination, to a refined concept and finally an in game model.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”